Chapter 8: Choose Me

"I also want you."

-----

Sierra walks home in tears, when she arrived at the port of Liyue Harbor, Pantalone greeted her. Pantalone just looked at her while she's crying, he put her in his arms and comforted her. "Stop crying, people are looking at us." Sierra sniffed as she punches lightly Pantalone's chest. 

"Why... when I already give him up, why must he appear suddenly in front of me? why would he do that? why..." Pantalone getting flustered by the gazes of the people teleported in their room in the Hotel Fatui's reserved for. Sierra stood up minutes after Pantalone teleported her to their hotel room, she opens her bedroom door and looked at him. 

"Thank you for comforting me, Pantalone. But I don't really need it right now. I wanted to be alone for now." 

She then closed her bedroom door while she looked at the floor in a daze. She slowly sat down on a cold floor as she hugs both of her knees while she cried again.

Sierra knows deep inside her heart how she longed for Zhongli to want her. How she wanted him to love her, just like how he loves Guizhong first. 

After the Cataclysm and The Archon War, Sierra decided to abandon her feelings for the idea of revenge for Khaenr'iah and also, to avenge to diseased mother. She tries to move on, but whenever Sierra meets Zhongli there's this unexplainable feeling deep inside her heart.

And she knows it's dangerous, after learning he ended his contract to the Harbor, it means he has given up his godly form which is now he's a human.

'an Adeptus, loving a human is forbidden.'

That's what she learned. Or is that really the only reason? 

Sierra doesn't understand anymore. He has given up his godly form, so should Iris, too right?

 Sierra should give up being 'Iris' and start living as 'Sierra'. She imagined a life with him, bearing his child, supporting him always. She cries hard until her throat hurts anymore. 

She wanted it so much, yet she's also scared to do it.

As though it engraves in her heart and mind, she could never forget the betrayal she had. She couldn't forget the people she wished to hear their laughter and smiles. She's a princess — and a princess's duty is to protect the people she cherished.