Chapter 11: Family

A/N: The following contains violence, please read at your own risk. 

-------

"Familial love is all I ever wanted. But why does fate want me to suffer?"

------

In the ancient empire of Khaenr'iah, under the warm spring, a woman gave birth to a child. The king had two concubines and one queen. The Queen was the Crown Prince and 2nd Prince's Mother, the 1st Concubine is Iris's mother which made her the 1st Princess of The Royal Family. And the King's last concubine and least favored, Zach's mother which is the 2nd and last concubine — Aria. 

Princess Aria came from the Kingdom of Sumeru, she was sold by her family because of their greed. Both Princess Aria and The King don't have any feelings for each other thus become one for it was their duty as a member of a royal family. 

And Zach is born. 

While giving birth to Zach, his mother died which made Zach lonely in his childhood time. But there was one person who made his life even brighter than anyone. 

"Why are you alone?" Iris who's now 17 stares at the 10-year-old Zach who is sitting under a big tree in the garden. He was flustered to see the royal princess for the first time, Iris laughed it out as if there's no big deal getting flustered by her. 

"We're family, remember?" For the first time, Zach felt the love he was longing for when he came into this world. And that's how both Iris and Little Zach become closer to each other. But when Iris is preparing for her departure, Zach was called into the Queen'schambers. The Queen told Zach to adopt him as his own son. The Queen obviously had this scheming face which made the little Zach suspicious of him. 

"Your royal majesty, forgive my rude attitude but. Are you scheming something?" Little Zach boldly asked the queen. The Queen smirked like a devil he felt shivers down in his spine looking scared by the Queen'sexpression. 

"Oh, Prince Zach. You don't have to worry..." The Queen leans her face to Zach's ears and whispers, "your big sister is going to reclaim her throne soon after she finished her duties from afar. Do you want to be the king, Zach? I can help you with that." 

He was furious by what the queen said so he took a step back, pushing the queen away. 

"How dare —!" The queen lifted her finger, telling the head maid to watch her words. The queen smiled.