15. heaven is

as it got colder in hawkins the closer it got to december the more steve hated living alone. he didn't necessarily actually live alone, but his parents were never home and the house was deadly quiet every night. to put it simply it was driving steve insane, it was cold and his bed was empty because he just couldn't bring himself to call his boyfriend. it was 3am, and what was he supposed to say? "sorry for waking you up because i'm fucking cold babe"? he felt pathetic.

yet he still found himself getting up and walking over to the phone, hesitating before he dialed eddie's number. he waited and just like he had expected eddie didn't pick up. he sighed in defeat, about to just go back to his room when the phone started to ring.

he ran back over to it, heading a small quiet "hello?" on the other end. he sounded so tired and steve felt horrible, had eddie even gone to sleep yet?

"baby can you come over? i'm freezing my ass off over here, heat stopped working"

he heard movement on the other end, and the sound of keys jingle. with a small sigh eddie finally responded "sure thing babe, but we're going straight to sleep when i get there"

he opened his mouth to say i love you, but eddie had hung up before he could even get the words out. eddie was tired he gets that, but he couldn't help but feel a little sad. he put on a hoodie eddie had left there and smiled when he realized it still smelled like eddie.

steve nearly had to fight himself to stay awake, until he heard the door open and he saw the outline of eddie standing in his doorway.

"shit you weren't lying it's cold in here, good thing i brought extra blankets"

though he couldn't see it steve smiled so bright it probably could've warmed the house up. he put the blankets on top of steve before he crawled under them, immediately pulling steve into his arms.

"at this point i might as well live here"

there was nothing but silence for a while, how the hell was steve supposed to answer that?

"do you want to?" he sounded so nervous and his voice felt far away to his own ears, what would he do if eddie said no? he didn't want to be home alone and he cherishes the little almost domestic moments they had.

"yeah baby, if you don't mind?" he kissed the top of steves forehead, running his hands through his hair.

"it would be nice to have you around all the time"

"would it be? you sure you won't get tired of me?"

there was a slight bit of uncertainty in eddie's voice, he was always scared that one day steve might up and leave and get bored of him.

"i could never get tired of you, i miss you like crazy when you're gone. you could even talk about all your nerd stuff and i'd listen"

his whole face lit up when he heard steve say that, sitting up and looking down at him with the biggest smile on his face.

"really? you would?"

"i would listen to you forever eddie, you have no idea"

he sighed contently, laying his head on eddie's chest and before he knew it he was asleep in his arms.

because of the talk they had the other day eddie stayed in bed when he woke up, even though they hadn't done anything he wanted steve to know how much he mattered to him. but after a few hours he got restless and gently shook steve to wake him.

when steve finally woke up he was shocked to see eddie still laid next to him, his hair all messy and wearing steve's shirt. before he could even get a word out eddie interrupted him by kissing him, steve thought he could get used to goodmorning kisses.

"you stayed?"

"of course stevie, you told me to and i wouldn't ever go back on my promises"

he stretched so much he almost hit steve in the face, so steve laughed and had to grab eddie's wrist to stop him.

"watch it baby, you almost hit me"

although he knew eddie would probably like that, not that he wanted to hurt steve in a mean way just that he knew eddie liked pain.

"don't tempt me, i'm hungry" eddie playfully shoved steve but that resulted in him falling off of the bed. they both couldn't stop laughing, and eddie raced him to the kitchen.

sure, eddie was pretty childish sometimes but it made steve happy to see how open he could be around him. he only ever acted like that around him and the kids, he put on the whole "intimidating scary metalhead" act on for everyone else. but in reality he was a big softie, and he couldn't hide it around his boyfriend.

he found whatever was left in steve's fridge, making a mental note to tell steve later that he really needed to go shopping. as he was making breakfast for the two of them he felt steve's arms wrap around his waist, hugging him from behind.

to steve it felt like that morning they had together before his parents came home only this time he knew nothing bad was going to happen. his parents said they would be gone for months, and steve hoped he'd have enough money saved from his job for him and eddie to move out together.

"so..can i actually take you on a date this time?"

steve leaned in to kiss eddie's cheek, since he couldn't fully kiss him while he was cooking. "you're spoiling me baby, you dont need to do that"

he was used to the pet names eddie had given him over time, but what came out of eddie's mouth next left steve speechless.

"anything for you, princess"

he put their two plates on the table seeming not to notice that steve was a stuttering blushing mess all because of one little nickname.

/ it's too early for me to be writing i normally write late at night but i'm bored, i updated my st one shots i need more ideas for that