track 11. excitable

when steve woke up he still felt a dull pain all over, and it hurt him to move at all. eddie wasn't by his side to make things worse, eddie wasn't there at all.

but when steve finally sat up he noticed a note by his bed, in his boyfriends very messy handwriting it said "i went to go get you a few things, i'll be back soon" with a little heart drawn next to it. it made him stop panicking, and he tried to go back to sleep even though it felt like he was practically laying on needles.

he must've dozed off for a few hours because eddie had already been back for a while and steve could softly hear music playing from beside him. eddie was laying next to him with his eyes closed and his headphones connected to his walkman on. it wasn't turned up too loud because he wanted to let steve rest, so he couldn't tell what song it was.

"baby?"

eddie thought he was hearing things since the sound of his voice was muffled through his headphones, until he felt a soft touch on his arm. it made him jump a bit but he was glad to see the steve was awake and doing slightly better.

"did you sleep well?"

"not really...too much pain"

he didn't ask any more questions because he could tell steve was still extremely tired, and he let him sleep with his head on his chest.

a few days later when steve started to feel better he heard eddie giggling with someone outside, and as much as he didn't want to he started to extreme the worst. eddie hadn't seemed distant but steve couldn't help it he overthinks every little thing. so when eddie came back inside steve didn't acknowledge that he was there and it made his boyfriend extremely disappointed. it hurt, a dull ache in his heart because he felt like he had done something wrong.

he hadn't and he really wished steve would realize max and el had been the ones standing outside. the two had just started dating and really wanted to go skating together. ever since el had seen max on her skateboard she wanted to learn, and max made it a priority to teach her new girlfriend. when eddie was in middle school he used to skateboard all the time, and the two girls were so surprised when he told them. so when he got back inside and saw the look on steve's face he was scared and sad.

it took hours to get steve to actually even look at eddie, because he had cupped his face softly and he looked so genuinely hurt that steve felt bad. yet he still believed his boyfriend was hiding something from him.

"steve, baby can i please explain? i wasn't doing anything wrong"

he didn't get a response since steve didn't like how defensive he sounded when he said that, he still didn't trust it. but he still nodded he was at least willing to hear what he had to say.

"max and el are dating"

well that was shocking enough that steve couldn't possibly think it was a lie, so he just gasped and that made eddie smile from how cute it was.

"and they asked if i'd take them to a skate park, but there's none here so i said we could just find an empty road" he shrugged, and steve instantly felt bad for assuming anything bad about his boyfriend.

"im so sorry i guess i was overthinking, wait do you even own a skateboard?"

he genuinely sounded confused because he had been over to eddie's house countless times and he never had seen one.

"not anymore but max said i can borrow one of hers, i had one in middle school but..jason broke it freshman year"

he frowned at that because he hated how long jason had been messing with eddie and the fact that he hadn't done anything about it. truth is that steve always sort of noticed eddie in school, it was hard not to. he was always making a scene and everyone found it annoying but now steve thinks he had honestly found it adorable.

"so i get to watch my pretty boy skate?"

eddie smiled and simply nodded while he played with steve's hair, he had gotten over being worried about it getting messed up. well at least, only when he was around eddie that is.

"yes you do, and maybe i can teach you? it's just going to be us and the girls"

"oh yeah parent daughter bonding time" steve laughed, kissing eddie's cheek just to fully show he had forgiven him and that everything was fine now.

"i really do admire how much you love the kids steve, you're there for them when nobody else is. means a lot to them"

that just made steve practically melt, he was never expecting when eddie would be so sweet and sincere but he always loved it.

"shut up, you're just as good with them"

he playfully punched eddie's arm causing the two of them to laugh. steve didn't want this to ever end, sometimes he thought it was too good to be true but he really hoped it wasn't.

"alright babe we need to go pick them up"

when eddie got up he pulled steve up with him, causing steve to stumble a bit and end up in eddie's arms. he didn't mind, accidentally staring at his lips but not saying a word. eventually steve got the message, closing the small gap between them as he kissed him. he could never get tired of this, eddie's lips weren't the softest at first. at some point he jokingly stole one of steve's chapsticks so now he tastes like cigarettes, weed and..strawberries.

"as much as i'd like to stay here and kiss you forever, let's go get max and el"

eddie shrugged, giving him one last quick kiss before they both walked outside. "yeah yeah they're probably kissing too anyways"

/ don't hate me elmax is better than mileven