" What the hell is the Dark Hold?"

Stephen's head slowly tilts up to meet her gaze as the hairs on the back of his neck stand up tall.

" You don't want to know... I promise you."

Lauren bends her body down so their eyes are level once more, her eyes still filled with the glow of a firefly.

" That's not your decision to make, Stephen," She whispers, her eyes staring into his, sending a shiver down his spine.

Stephen has always sensed a darkness inside her. He thought that it had faded away. He thought the wise words of the Ancient One would set her on the right path... but it seems her love for her late husband is just too strong, for we all know love is the strongest magic of all.

Her eyes linger on his, as if showing that no mater what he does, she won't back down. Not until she gets what she truly desires.

" Where can I find this Dark Hold?"

" I don't know," Stephen answers truthfully.

Lauren's eyes peer downward, shielding her glow with her eyelids, but then they flicker upwards to look at him through her lashes.

" You'll give me what I want... maybe not today... but eventually... you will help me..." She purrs, her face a mere inches away from his, close enough for him to feel her breath fanning down onto his lips, " Because I can give you something you want in return."

" And what's that?" He scoffs.

" Christine."

Her whisper gives his entire body a bone-chilling shake as she disappears with the blink of an eye. She leaves Stephen to deal with a multiversal mess that he made with Spider-Man while she returns to her apartment. As soon as her hand touches the door handle, the enchantment breaks. The golden seal wears off as she enters her apartment after years of abandonment. No surprise, everything is exactly how she left it, all except for one small detail. All of the mirrors are uncovered yet again. As if somebody tore them off, despite nobody having been inside since she left.

Lauren's eyebrows furrow as she gazes into the mirror in the hallway. Since it can't be from the outside, it must be from the inside. She takes a few steps in order to get closer to it and feel the high levels of energy radiating from it. Whispers start to crawl out of the mirror and fly around the top of her head, filling her eyes with wordless whispers.

There's something on the other side. There has to be.

The voices call to her, drawing her in like a magnet

The voices call to her, drawing her in like a magnet. She can't help but slowly lift her hand up, her fingers inching towards the glass. She makes contact with the mirror and gasps. It sucks her into a vision as her eyes glare gold once more. She sees flashes of her husband. Thousands of them, each of them different. All she sees is Steve. Across the multiverse, she's shown the love of her life and the endless realities he continues to exist in, all except for her own.