Besides, their son also liked him. Seeing them being so harmonious, what else could be the reason for them to oppose their relationship?

Old Man Ye let out a sigh. “Ren Jing is a good boy.”

As soon as everyone started to talk, Ren Jing was truly greeted with the warmest spring.

Ye Chen breathed a sigh of relief. He felt really glad inside his heart.

Old Man Ye was an

old hand

after all. He caught another important point. “Was that car crash really an accident?”

Ye Chen immediately sat up straight. His back was stretched taut and both his hands were curled into fists.

Within the whole incident, the only thing he had lied about was the truth about Ye Lan.

With Brother Xinghai helping him, Ye Lan would definitely be punished according to the law. Grandpa would certainly know when the latter was arrested, it would definitely shock him, but he really didn’t need to know that Ye Lan had tried to kill Ye Chen.

Ye Chen wasn’t good at acting, his family could clearly see that he was scared.

His expression had practically revealed everything.

Father Ye asked with a worried voice, “What’s the matter? Did someone do it on purpose?”

Old Man Ye looked at Ye Chen, then asked with a voice filled with exhaustion, “Was it…Ye Lan?”

Ye Chen suddenly panicked. He tried his best to act, but…

Old Man Ye’s hale and hearty body immediately became dispirited at this moment. He sat down on the sofa and took a deep sigh. “It was my fault…”

Seeing Grandpa like this, Ye Chen felt extreme grief in his heart.

Old Man Ye asked, “When I was in poor health back then, you had kept the truth from me because you were afraid that I wouldn’t be able to bear it, right?”

“You’re such a handful boy…” The old man raised his hand, then his secretary took out a document.

Father Ye and Mother Ye took it and Ye Chen also did the same.

Ye Chen only needed to take a quick glance…and immediately understood what was going on.

Brother Xinghai had

set about

really quickly. The things Ye Lan had done had been investigated, and strong evidence had been gathered together. He had been arrested and the verdict had also been passed…it was life imprisonment.

Ye Lan had contacted Grandpa, begging the latter to save him.

It was lucky that the old man was already in good health. Otherwise, he would have died from anger on the spot because of these shady businesses!

How could he even save Ye Lan? Smuggling, drug trafficking, murdering someone to silence them… A hundred deaths would still not be enough to compensate for what Ye Lan had done!

Old Man Ye could only blame himself for not having paid attention to Ye Lan’s affairs in these two years that he turned unscrupulous and caused these heinous disasters!

Yu Xinghai came to find the old man in person and explained the situations in detail. He also stated clearly that this matter had nothing to do with the Ye Family, it was Ye Lan’s own actions.

Old Man Ye atoned for him by donating all of his company shares.

Yu Xinghai kept saying that he didn’t have to do that. Old Man Ye said, “A son’s mistakes are due to a father’s failure to teach.” He was responsible, he was truly responsible for all of this.