Ye Chen’s reply to him should be given when he had decided he would stay by Ren Jing’s side, rather than a momentary desire.

To put it simply, the explanation of Ren Jing’s words was: I hope I could become your lover with the purpose of marriage.

Ye Chen understood his words, yet he uttered, “Who wants to get married!”

Could one imagine what Ren Jing was feeling?

Was he thinking that Ye Chen was only ‘playing’ with him? Or that Ye Chen hadn’t thought that far? Or to go deeper into it, was he predicting that a breakup was about to happen?

After all, one wanted to ‘get married’, the other simply wanted to just date. When they revealed their feelings to each other, it would be followed by a breakup.

Breakup…

Ye Chen felt a stab in his heart and was anxious in an instant.

He couldn’t avoid this issue, and he definitely couldn’t just deviate the topic like this!

Ye Chen gritted his teeth as he tried to mention the topic again, “What I wanted to say just now was…”

Ren Jing interrupted him, “It’s alright, I understand.”

Understand? What do you understand?

No matter how he looked at it, Ye Chen felt that Ren Jing didn’t understand at all!

Big Darling Ye’s instinct was really terrific. Even though he didn’t exactly know what Ren Jing was thinking about, his intuition was really on point. He opened his mouth and said, “I didn’t mean I don’t want to marry you, what I meant was… We have to wait a bit before getting married. We have to meet each other’s parents first…”

Wait, did I say too much!?

Ye Chen felt quite nervous. He lifted his head to look at Ren Jing and suddenly felt startled.

Ren Jing was staring at him attentively. The man who could handle everything skillfully and easily could unexpectedly be flurried like a child at this moment. His black eyes were twinkling softly, filled with disbelief.

In fact, Ye Chen was only saying these words nonchalantly, but Ren Jing thought that it was very reasonable.

He felt that he had definitely frightened Ye Chen. He had suddenly talked about the faraway future, Ye Chen had to have been scared, right? Ye Chen had probably kept thinking about it in his heart and mind, which was why he said that unconsciously.

Ren Jing had nothing to be sad about. After all, this was as expected.

Getting married——something that seemed like a faraway dream, how could he dare to wish for it?

But then, just now…

Ye Chen’s face was completely flushed. He felt that his fever had surely reached 40 degrees that his mind became somewhat muddled. He stumbled on his words, “It’s not that I want to meet your parents, it’s just… Well, after all, you’ve met my mother and grandpa, I…”

Shiiiit, did it become

more irrational the more I talked

!?

Ye Chen was so nervous that he didn’t know where he should put his hands!

He felt that he had to explain further, thus he stated, “What I actually mean is, you’ll be at a disadvantage in this situation. You see, I only have a few properties, but you already have a successful career. If we get married…you’ll…”