𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐄𝐒𝐌𝐄

" What do you want to do today munchkin?" I ask, looking over at Eudora before turning back to the stove as I put the last piece of bacon in the skillet and place it in the oven. It's Friday morning and I and Eudora slept until the afternoon. since we slept in so late, I decided that I wouldn't go in for work and she wouldn't have to go to school today. As soon as we woke up, Eudora complained that she was hungry, so I decided to make us breakfast: Pancakes and Bacon.

She shrugs, a frown etched on her face. " I don't know.." 

" Well, do you want to go to the park? or to the movies?" I suggested, heading to the sink to wash my hands.

" I don't wanna do anything." She grumbled, a slight attitude in her tone. I say nothing, opening up the cabinet to grab a measuring cup. I walked to the pantry and grabbed the pancake mix.

I turn over in her direction, putting down the ingredients as I face. I look up at her, "  is this about Andres?"

" No." She huffed, crossing her arms in front of her then looked away.

" Are you sure? you've been acting like this ever since Michaela and I picked you up yest-"

" I'm fine!" She huffed loudly, cutting me off. I don't react to her sudden outburst, instead i pay attention to mixing up the batter until all the milk is out of sight.

" Esme?" Eudora called, but I ignored her, grabbing another skillet for the pancakes and spraying the pan down. as the cooking pray sizzled from the heat,I poured the pancake mix in. Bit by bit, the pan was full with batter.

Hearing my phone ring, I take it out of my bra and place it between my head and shoulder blade.
" Hello?" I said, opening the oven to check on the bacon.

"Aye,"

I furrowed my brows," Who's this?"

"  ¡ Oh Díos Mio! Use your goddamn brain for once Esme!" The familiar voice exclaimed.

I groaned loudly, " What the hell do you want Miguel?"

"  I want you to shut this Nigga up!" Miguel yelled into the phone, causing me to pull my head away.

" What are you talking about?! How did you even get my number?!" I  huffed, getting frustrated.

I heard shuffling in the background, then a loud wailing. " I-I w-want t-to s-see Eudora!" Andres cries.

"  Bro calm the fuck down!" Miguel yells in the background, causing me to pinch the bridge of my nose.

" I hate you!" Andres screamed, making me wince.

" Andres don't say that, okay? I get that your upset but you shouldn't say that to your brother." I interjected, turning over to Eudora. Eudora's eyes shifted to the phone in my hand, her posture straightening up as she heard me say Andres's name. 

"H-He's keeping me away from her just b-because he doesn't like you!" He sobs.

I pull the phone away from my ear, looking directly at Eudora. " Would you like to speak with him?"

" Yes please," She said softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

I put the phone on speaker then handed it to her. She sets my phone gently in front of her, hovering her face over it. " Dre?"

Suddenly the crying stopped and more shuffling could be heard. " E-Eudora?" Andres sniffled.

She furrowed her brows, " What's wrong?" 

" I... B-Bubba won't let me see you because he hates your sister." Andres confessed. I scoffed lightly, mumbling underneath my breath As I turn away to flip over the pancakes with a spatula.

Eudora sighs heavily, " I wish we could have a play date.."

" I-I can go ask my mom right now if you want?"

I sigh, rubbing a hand over my face. " Go ahead and ask your mom Andres!" I say loud enough for the boy to hear me.

Eudora snapped her head up, eyes widening. " Really?!"

" That's if his mom is okay with it," I pointed out, giving her a look.

" Okay I'll go ask right now!" Andres says, his voice switching to a more happier tone. There was more shuffling in the back, which I'm guessing it was Miguel taking his phone back.

Turning off the stove, i wipe my hands on my apron and grab my phone and pressed it to my ear.
" Hello?"

" I'll text you the address." Miguel grumbled, huffing loudly.

I nodded my head, " Okay,"
Hanging up the phone, I pushed it to the side and finished cooking breakfast. After we finished eating, I let Eudora go take a bath while I cleaned up the kitchen. I hated leaving the house dirty, or with food everywhere. I liked for my apartment to be cleaned, with no crumbs or any dirty dishes in the sink. As I put the last dish in the dishwasher, my mind went back to the call that I received. How did Miguel even get my number?

Hearing a bing, I look down at my phone to see a notification:

215-897-3345:
2188 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱

I grab my phone, tapping on the new number.

𝗠𝗲:
𝗗𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗺 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗘𝘂𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿?

215-897-3345:
𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗶 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗱𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗮𝘀𝘀

I rolled my eyes at his comment. " Asshole."

" Sissy I'm done!" Eudora yelled from the bathroom.

" Go ahead and start brushing your teeth! And wash your face too!" I yell back, wiping down the stove and counter. I exit out of the chat between me and Miguel and decided to text Michaela instead.

𝗠𝗲:
𝗗𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝗹 𝗺𝘆 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿??

𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗲𝗹𝗮:
𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 .. 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?

𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗲𝗹𝗮:
𝗘𝘀𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘁𝗳 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗶 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗛𝗜𝗠 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗽𝗹?? 𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗺𝗲.

𝗠𝗲:
𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗴𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗺...

𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗲𝗹𝗮:
𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗲.