𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

She sets the basket down next to carol with a huff. Carol looks over and immediately grimaces.

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about your arm" She apologizes but mercy fans away her apology.

"It's alright, I got it over here in the end" Mercy jokes. Carol smiles at her and continues to hang up clothes on the clothesline.

A faint zipping noise catches mercy's focus, and Lori stepped out. Once meeting Mercy's gaze, she walked over to where she and carol stood.

"I can't believe I slept in," Lori said looking around the camp. "Especially on laundry day" Carol smiled at her,

"it's okay, me and mercy handled it," Carol said looking at the red-haired girl in front of her. "You must have needed it, you feeling okay?" Lori looked at her and nodded. The three women worked on getting clothes onto the clothes wire. including Mercy, even though Carol told her she didn't need help.

"I had an idea I wanted to run by you," Carol announced.

"What's that?" Lori asked, her eyes still on the clothes in front of her.

"That big kitchen of theirs got me thinking." Carol started. She smiled widely, "I wouldn't mind cooking in a real kitchen again." Carol said. Mercy looked up at carol, the wind blowing through her hair. "Maybe we all pitch in, and cook dinner for Hershel and his family tonight."

Mercy grabbed another shirt, pinning it onto the clothes wire, "I'm kinda looking for things to keep my mind occupied." Carol admitted. Mercy nodded her head,

"I like the idea," She stated, clipping up her last shirt. "what are you thinking?" Mercy asks. Carol wrings her hands together.

"um- not sure yet... I'll make sure it's good though" She promises, a soft smile filling her lips.

"After all they've done for us, it's the least we could do," Lori says. Carol turns to her, a bit of nervousness in her voice,

"you mind extending the invitation?" Carol asks. Lori's eyebrows pinch together in confusion, "would just feel more right coming from you" She admits.

"How so?" Lori asks, walking over and grabbing a few more shirts to pin up.

"Your ricks wife. it sorta makes you our unofficial first lady." Carol says. Lori smiles at the joke.

"Cmon guys, let's get going. we've got a lot of ground to cover" Rick says, walking up to the small camp, Shane trailing close behind him.

Mercy pushes herself away from the two women and walks over to the yellow truck, where the map still lays.

"All right, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far." Rick announces looking around at each person, and down at the map.

"I'd like to help" Mercy turns her head around to see a young teen, around the same age as mercy. She recognizes him as Beth's boyfriend. "I know the area pretty well and stuff." He says walking a bit closer to the small group.

"Hershel's okay with this?" Rick asks, a bit skeptical.

"Yeah, yeah. He said I should ask you." He says. Rick nods, patting his thigh.