Olivine City Contest

For this contest, Amari had decided to debut Zana.

"Please welcome to the stage Amari!" The announcer called out.

Amari came running out and threw out the Pokéball. "Zana, let's shine!" Pop! Out came Zana who landed on the stage. "Use attract." She winked and hearts came from her eyes.

"Aww." The crowd said.

"Now, use shadow ball up in the air." The shadow ball erupted and shot down dark sparkles around them.

"Wow! What a show!" Amari and Zana raced from the stage. "Let's see her score. Ooh. That's not great. An 80."

It was enough to get her to the second round.

------

Finally at the last battle.  She was against a local named Jeffrey and his Furret , she made the first move.

"Zana, use headhunt!"

She raced towards the Furret landing a clean hit and taking away some points. "Use fury swipes!"

"Dodge." Furret came hard after Zana. She dodged the first one but got hit two times knocking her down, taking away half their points. "Zana! Can you continue?"

Slowly Zana got up and jumped to her feet. "Eevee!"

"Alright. Let's do this. Use shadow ball."

The ball formed and shot towards Furret. "Use shadow ball too." The two shadow balls collided and exploded. "Now, use slam."

Furret shot towards Zana hitting her hard knocking her out.

"That's it folks! The winner of the Olivine City Contest is Jeffrey!" The announcer told the crowd.

"Zana?" Amari picked her up. "Are you okay?"

The Eevee smiled. "Eevee!"

They retreated to backstage and watched as Jeffrey got his ribbon. "It's alright, Zana. We'll get em next time."

------

After the contest, the girls went to the docks to try to catch a Quagsire. It didn't take long before Amari had him. "I'll name him Homer!"