Alto Mare Contest

The next day the girls took a short ferry ride to Alto Mare, the location of Amari's next contest. The small isolated island was beautiful and was supposed to be the home of Latios and Latias. Amari and the girls hoped they would be lucky enough to meet or see them.

------

For the next contest Amari wanted to use Nikita but wasn't sure how to showcase his talents. The girls were helping her prepare.

"His doesn't have any flashy moves." Amari told them.

"Let's just think this through before you get discouraged." Rei said.

"Hmm." Mo thought. "Bite shows itself in the air so you could showcase that. And how storng his growl is."

"Okay so like this? Nikita use growl!" The girls covered their ears at the loud noise. "Now show them your bite!"

In the air came a pair of teeth that snapped shut. "Just like that." Mo said. "You'll do great."

------

Amari had done the first round with Nikita and scored a 23. Still, it was enough to go on to the battle round. She was up against a trainer named Hale and his Pokémon Natu.

"Who will make the first move?" The emcee asked.

"Nikita, use bite." Being such a high level the bite knocked out Natu easily.

"Well that was a short battle." The emcee commented. "That means the winner of this contest is Amari from Pallet Town!"

Mr. Contesta presented the red ribbon to Amari.