Goldenrod City Gym

After arriving in Goldenrod City they learned that the gym used normal type Pokémon so Mo had Professor Oak transfer her Amos. They went to the gym and let out their Pokémon to watch.

"Welcome." The gym leader greeted. "I'm Whitney and I specialize in normal type Pokémon. Do you think you can take me on?"

"I know I can." Mo threw out Amos' Pokéball. "Go, Amos."

"I choose you, Clefairy!"

Pop! Out came both Pokémon. "Now, use karate chop!"

Amos slapped his arm down on Clefairy's head cutting her health in 1/3. "Use double slap."

Clefairy slapped Amos across the face over and over again, cutting his health by 1/4. "Let's end this. Use submission."

The vertical circle came around Amos as he charged into Clefairy, knocking her unconscious. "Return. You have a strong Machoke. But my next Pokémon is strong too. I choose you, Miltank." The large Pokémon landed on the battlefield. "Use body slam!"

Miltank slammed into Amos, hard. "Machoke!"

"Are you okay, Amos?" Mo asked him.

He nodded his head, yes. "Machoke."

"Alright. Then use low kick."

The low kick happened to heat the bottom of Miltank's stomach which was where her udders were. It did a lot of damage.

"Use rollout." Whitney instructed.

Miltank made herself into a ball and rolled around the battlefield hitting Amos three times. "Let's finish with submission!"

With the vertical circle surrounding him Amos ran into Miltank causing her to faint.

"Miltank is unable to battle and Machoke is the winner. The victory goes to Momoka!" The referee announced.

Whitney smiled. "You fight great." She came over and handed a badge to Mo. "The Plain Badge. It's all yours." Rei, Amari and their Pokémon came over. "Rei, I look forward to our battle tomorrow." With that Whitney left.

------

"This is a two on two match between Gym Leader Whitney and the challenger Rei." The referee called out. "Battle begin."

"I choose you, Miltank!" Pop! For the second day in a row, Miltank was ready to battle.

"Go, Tauros." Rei thre out his Pokéball. The large wild bull Pokémon landed on the battlefield.

"I see you enjoy training normal types too. You have the first move, Rei."

"Use double edge."

Tauros shot like a bullet into Miltank, taking some damage himself. "A very powerful move. Now, my turn. Use rollout."

"Dodge it." He dodged the first two but was hit by the third. "Use tail whip."

He raced towards Miltank, spun around and whipped his tail in her face. It lowered her defence. "Use stomp."

Miltank walked up to Tauros and stomped right on his foot. "Use take down."

With her defence lowered Miltank took a lot of damage from the take down move. "Use rollout again."

Rei didn't even call to dodge, knowing one more move would knock out Miltank. "Use double edge."

The two moves collided and both Pokémon fainted.

"Both Pokémon are Pokémon are unable to battle. This round is a draw." The referee judged.

"Return. Time for my last Pokémon. Go, Clefairy."

"I'll leave this in my partner's hands. Come on out, Blastoise." Pop! The large water Pokémon landed on the field. "Use bite."

Blastoise rushed to Clefairy biting down hard on her head. "Clefairy." She cried.

"It's okay. We'll get him back. Use double slap."

The double slap did very little damage and Blastoise acted like it didn't hurt in the least. "Alright. Use hydro pump." The jet of water hit and covered Clefairy making it faint. "I thought it'd be harder than that."

"That hydro pump does a ton of damage." Whitney returned Clefairy to her Pokéball and came over to Rei. "You earned this. The Plain Badge."

Rei bowed to Whitney and took the badge. She turned to Blastoise who gave her a high five.

------

"Excuse me?" The man kneeling in front of the transfer machine turned to Amari. "We were hoping to transfer a Pokémon."

The man stood up. "I'm sorry but it'll have to wait. I need to fix the machine."

"Oh, okay."

The girls turned to leave. "Wait a minute. Would you happen to be from Pallet Town?"

They turned back around. "Mo and I are. Our friend Rei," Amari pointed to her. "She lives close by."

"Then you are exactly who I'm looking for."

"Why?" Mo asked.

"I was talking to Professor Oak the other day and he suggested for you to raise these girls for me." He handed them each a Pokéball. "There. An Eevee for each of you."

"Really!" Excited Amari opened the Pokéball and a cute little Eevee came out. "Oh! She's so cute! I'll name you Zana."

Pop! Out came the other two Eevees. Mo knelt down. "I'll call you Brindle."

"Brindle's a shiny!"

"Welcome Eevee, Zana and Brindle." Rei smiled.