"I will." She leaves the room and notices Grayfia walking toward her.

"I was coming to check on him, is he okay?"

"I think so, he's just sleeping right now. I took him some water but he didn't seem to notice I came in. If you don't mind I'm going to head to my room."

"Okay," Grayfia responds. "If you need anything please let me know. I've tried to explain to Lady Gremory that Y/N isn't the same as he's perceived, but it appears that she hasn't been listening."

"She's never going to change her mind on him, I can tell."

"Just give her time, she'll come around." Without another response, Akeno walks away from the silver-haired maid and toward her room.

A Few Hours Later

"Y/N, may I come in?" Venelana knocks on the door a few more times, but she receives no answer from the last Uchiha. She continues trying to get Y/N's attention, but nobody responds to her knocks. Rias opens her door and sees her mother at Y/N's door, but the sight only irritates her. "Rias, have you heard from Y/N at all?"

"No." Venelana walks toward her daughter. "Akeno said he was asleep, and I didn't want to bother him."

"Was he not feeling well earlier?"

"I'm not sure. I think he's been struggling since Akeno moved out. She still sees him almost every day, but it seems like he's starting to feel alone like he was before." Venelana looks back at Y/N's door.

"Poor boy. Before your peerage leaves tomorrow morning I would like to speak with Akeno and Y/N to at least try and apologize for my behavior."

"That's a good idea, Mother." Akeno's door opens but she is not the one who exits the room, instead, it's Issei.

"President, Akeno is gone!" Rias runs over to the room and looks inside. The room appears tidy, almost as if nobody had even been in the room, to begin with. No trace of Akeno or any of her things appears, and the bed is made perfectly.

"Where could she have gone? We should let Y/N know." Rias exits the room and heads toward Y/N's room, but instead of knocking she opens the door. The scene looks almost identical to Akeno's room, though the only difference is the empty glass on the nightstand. Rias takes a step inside. "They had to have left together, but for what reason? I don't think Y/N would have wanted her to go with him, but she might have talked him into letting her leave with him." Sirzechs turns the corner and joins Rias, Issei, and Venelana.

"What's going on?"

"Akeno and Y/N are both gone," Rias tells him. Sirzechs examines the room and notices the same details as everyone else.

"She left with him? Interesting. Judging by the fact that his stuff is gone they must have gone back to the Human Realm, but they would know that we know where they're at." Sirzechs turns his attention to Rias. "Does he have anyone else that he could even reach out to?"

"Not that I know of." Sirzechs puts a hand to his chin.

"Then I guess he's running. If Akeno has gone with him, then there's only one thing that we can do. I'll have someone search Kuoh and the surrounding area, but if we can't find them, then I'll have to declare her a stray devil." Issei's face fills with fear at Sirzechs's words.

"I hope they didn't go far."

"If Y/N is running then they'll be long gone by now. He's been evading and killing pursuers for almost a decade, he isn't going to be easy to track down." Sirzechs turns around. "Just remember this Issei, Y/N showed up of his volition that day. If he didn't do that then we never would have found out where he was."

"Can I at least understand what made him such a criminal?" Sirzechs sighs.

"Come with me, I'll explain it to you. Rias, you should get some rest. I'll talk to you early tomorrow with any news that I'm able to get together."

"Okay." Rias and Venelana walk away and Sirzechs takes Issei into the room.

"Before I explain everything I need to ask you a question. Are you aware that Akeno is part fallen angel?"

"Yeah, Kokabiel said something about her being the daughter of Baraqiel. I've talked to her about it, but she hasn't told me much." Sirzechs nods his head.

"I see. I'm sure at this point you know the fate of her parents and how they were slain by Y/N."

"That's what I don't understand. The two of them are so close now, but he did that to her." Issei clenches his fist. "If I had it my way I'd beat him down for that."

"He was only thirteen at the time, and he didn't have much of a choice. He chose to spare Akeno and slay her parents, all while knowing that she would hold that vendetta against him. Baraqiel was a high-ranking fallen angel, but both he and Akeno's mother allowed themselves to be killed under the promise that he would protect Akeno."

"So Azazel was the first one to go after him?" Sirzechs nods again.

"That is correct. In terms of the hierarchy, he was third to Azazel and Shemhezai, and that chain had been broken by Y/N. At the time only Y/N and the Himejima clan knew Y/N was the last Uchiha, and at that moment he chose that lineage to carry on, even if he still bears the name of the clan he hates." Sirzechs places a hand on the table. "Unfortunately, about twenty years before Y/N's birth, his father had carried out the same fate toward the Uchiha, leaving only his younger brother alive."

"History repeated itself and Y/N knew that."

"Yes. When the word got out of Baraqiel's death I began to worry. At the time I didn't understand why it had happened, and when Akeno was brought in she had never brought Y/N up. Soon after we took her in the news of her clan's death I knew what I had to do. I sent a few devils with something to prove, including one of Riser's brothers, and Y/N killed them with ease. The scene showed no signs of hesitation, just a battle and three dead devils that had to sit on my conscious." Issei's breathing starts to change.

"I'm tired of him. He acts like he's changed, but how could a cold-blooded killer change?"

"You see why I'm hesitant to have him around? There have been talks of trying to kill Y/N while you all stayed here, but he's too smart. If he has friends in high places then he'll be protected, and if we try to use Akeno as leverage he'll kill us all." Sirzechs stands. "Understand this, Issei Hyoudou, you may grow strong enough to kill Y/N, but if you do anything to Akeno, that won't matter. He'd give his life for her above anyone else, and that will never change."

"I won't do anything to put her in danger, but if I can I'll take him on." Sirzechs raises a hand.

"Wait until after your training, that way you have a better gauge of your power." Issei leaves the room and Sirzechs looks toward the ceiling. "Y/N, whatever you're doing is making your case much worse."

Meanwhile, in Kuoh a woman in armor appears in front of Y/N and Akeno.

"Y/N, I wasn't expecting to be fetching you."

"It has been a few years. I'll explain when I can talk to everyone." The three leave the town of Kuoh behind them, no sign that either Himejima had ever stepped into the town before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop