Chapter twenty-seven: Turning point

There was no denying the sore spots on my back where I laid on the recliner. Elena's body weight was draped on top of my own. The heat was suffocating me, but I didn't complain. It was a nice comforting effect to have her next to me. It was a sister thing, you wouldn't understand.

Shifting around on the recliner to get comfortable I was careful not to wake Elena. I didn't want to wake her up she needed her rest and I doubt has gotten any in a long time.

I can't say I have either.

Starting to doze off again there was a thunderous footsteps where heard storming down the upstairs hallway and down the stair case. Anyone with in a five mile radius would have been able to hear him. Leandor never know how not to make a scene. It was like genetics or something to make everything bigger than it actually was.

What happened to people keep things on the down low. And no I don't mean the sex down low.

¨Where is she?!" I heard Leandor yell when he reached down stairs. I was getting tired of his obnoxious behavior! What is the freak'n matter with him, honestly. Does he have some god damn disorder that leaves him unable to function properly with other people?

Sitting him before he screamed again for and wake Elena up, I sat up rubbing my eyes tiredly. His head turned in my direction. ¨I'm right here you asshole." I groaned standing up placing Elena back down on the recliner. I walked quietly towards him not bothering to look at the deep scowl on his face. I continued to walk past him, desperate to get him away from Elena.

Leandor wasn't very fund of Elena. Every since last night when Vincent told him she was his mate Leandor has been keeping her under his watchful eyes. It was actually a little creepy, if I do say so myself.

Go towards the kitchen I walked in only to be followed by Leandor. "If you walk any faster Leandor I swear you'll be up my ass. Back off would you?"

"Well aren't you just a beautiful morning person?" I looked up to see Vincent leaning against the kitchen island with a cup of coffee in his hand smirking. I narrowed my eyes. Was he trying to be sarcastic?

I made way to the fridge and poured myself a glass of milk. "I hope you're being sarcastic, or else I'll drop that hot coffee all over you." I shoot back at him.

Vincent chuckled, but didn't say anything more. Leandor stood there just watching us, well more like looking down on me. I glared at him to stop yet it wasn't like my message was coming across clear enough, or he was ignoring me on purpose.

What an ass!

"Well than seeing as both of you are having a heated conversation with your eyes and I'm quite frankly getting freaked out about, I'll just be heading out of here." Vincent said making his way to the living room. I didn't want him to leave. He was the only thing keeping Leandor from yelling at me. It wasn't like I couldn't handling Leandor yelling at me. It was just I'd rather not deal with such an egotistical, arrogant, selfish, self-centered, ruthless, asshole of an alpha.

When Vincent had left I could almost chock on the awkward tension in the air that was created. I bit my lip trying to focus on anything other that him. It didn't last long before Leandor was standing before me. I didn't move.

Maybe he'll go away or won't see me like a T-rex. Oh, who am I kidding Leandor will never just leave me alone.

He raised his hand to grip my chin lightly. His rough thumb skimming across the skin. It sent sweet currents of rapture. I think he knew what I was feeling because he soon then tilted my head back to look into my blue eyes. His green eyes studied my imperfection. My flaws. My faults. I felt comfortable in a way though when he did look into my eyes. It was like he was looking into my soul at the really me. Not the partially fake me that I had come to be.