Start the Car

Arny and Pete were sitting on the back of Pete's car. Danny was running late and they were just ready to start the night.

"If he stopped at Starbucks and doesn't have something for us, I am kicking his ass." Pete said, tossing his baseball cap in the air.

"Start the car! Start the car!" They heard Danny's shouts. Turning around, they realized that Danny did not stop at Starbucks. Running as fast as possible toward them was Danny with a young woman in a wedding dress.

*

"Does it matter?" He asked, reaching his hand out to her.

"No." Lara answered, placing her hand in his. He pulled her up from the grass.

"I'm Danny by the way."

As she started to tell him her name, they heard her mother calling out to her. Pulling up her skirt, Lara kicked off her bedazzled heels. With shoes and skirt in one hand and Danny's hand in the other, they ran.

*

Danny flung the back door of the car open, Lara quickly climbed inside. Shutting the door once all her dress was in, Danny ran around the front, taking the opportunity to slide across the hood as Pete turned the engine over.

"Drive Pete!" Danny yelled as he jumped into the back with Lara.

"Danny, what did you do?" Arny asked, twisting in his front seat. Lara was pushing down the skirt, laughing.

"I found a bride!" Danny said, helping Lara buckle in.

"We can see that." Pete said, glancing to his friend in the back and to the bride. "Why a bride?"

"I ran away from my wedding." Lara said. "I can't believe I am doing this."

"Did you get cold feet?" Arny asked.

"No. My fiancé got wandering dick syndrome." Lara answered.

"It was the maid of honor, wasn't it? It is always the maid of honor." Pete said.

"You are correct." Lara answered again.

"What is the game plan, Danny?" Pete asked since there was a fourth in the equation now.

"Same as before. Just enjoy the night." Danny said, looking at a smiling Lara.