one, arrival

FALSE GOD

SHELBY, i was in my room and putting a lot of bathing suits into my suitcase, i really want to look good for conrad. my room is messy with all the clothes i do not want to wear during the summer.

all my stuff was packed and i had just zipped up my suitcase and backpack. i then hear a knock on my door frame, I looked over to see my best friend, clary, with red puffy eyes and she was sniffing.

"is everything alright?" i walked over to her and opened my arms for her to hug me. she shook her head and accepted my hug and started crying more. "i am going to miss you so much" I rubbed her back and held her head to my chest.

"im only gonna be gone for 3 months. you can come over anytime you want like old times" I reassured her. "no im not coming. im going somewhere very very far away and i have no idea when im going to leave" she said while her lips were trembling

that's when i lost it. tears and tears were flowing down my face. i couldn't believe it. im probably never going to see her again until she visits. im never going to see my best friend.

"but please when you see the fishers and stay in cousins, be happy, forget about me. we can facetime all the time, whenever you want. you need to be happy for conrad. just promise you won't be sad over me and try not to stay in your room and shut people out" she pointed her pinky finger out for me to pinky promise. my pinky finger interlocked with hers.

i hugged her so tightly, i even think i broken some of her ribs. i think that she might be going to a really good mental health asylum. clary's mental health has never been the best ever since her father died due to cancer when we were 14. her mother had became a drug addict and left her and her father. so she moved into her grandmothers home.

"I gotta go" she said to me, so i hugged her. "I love you so much" I told her. "I love you 3,000" she told me and walked out of my bedroom. i dropped to floor and sobbed so much that my brother, Steven rushed over to help me up and hugged me

"i love you little sis" he said. "i love you big bro" I mumbled into his chest. "come on don't cry, we gotta get you and Conrad together now" I laughed, sniffing loudly and wiping my tears off.

steven walked off and I started taking all my stuff to the car. i put my airpods maxs' in and started playing some billie eilish music on. i saw taylor walk out of my house followed by belly and Steven with all their stuff. my mom, laurel, was already in the backseat reading a book. taylor drove off in her own car.

steven and belly stepped into the car. i sat in the passenger seat while my mom and twin sister were in the back looking at the road in front of us and my brother Steven was driving.

———

after listening to music and doing karaoke. my mom said "uh , can you guys turn it down a little, please?". steven then reached over to the button to turn it off, "yes, please." he fully turned it off.

"thank you. i want you to be better about helping out this summer. like, don't just leave your dishes in the sink. load them into the dishwasher. and not just your own dish, either, steven." my mom told us. "what? but i.." steven tried to make an excuse. "don't worry mom. i will" I told her.