Chapter Nine: Without Her

Y/N's eyes fluttered open. His vision was blurry but after a few blinks, he was finally able to see. The sky was covered with dark clouds as a soft rain began to fall.

It was quiet.

"You did this." Voices echoed throughout the rubbles of what Y/N recognized to be Hogwarts.

He blinked and as soon as his eyes opened, bodies littered the ground. Taken aback, Y/N stumbled backwards, tripping over a lifeless corpse, falling on the ground behind him. His breath hitched and his heart pounded loudly, recognizing most of the bodies dressed in different house colours.

"You killed us." The corpse next to him reached out to him, startling him.

"H-Harry?" Y/N's eyes widened upon realizing.

His heart was now beating so fast he thought he might die.

Harry's eyes were dull, there was no shine that he once had. His skin was pale, almost blue as blood trickled all over his face.

"You killed us." Another voice repeated with Harry.

It was Draco.

"W-What-" Y/N was startled once more by thunder crackling.

The bodies remained lifeless once more.

Y/N looked to the front where only one person stood. Voldemort. He began chuckling after turning around to see Y/N's state, sending shivers down Y/N's spine.

"It's a wonder what a simple spell can do to blood traitors like you." Voldemort laughed maniacally.

Y/N suddenly felt a weight in his arms as a hand reached up to wipe the tears that he didn't notice off his face.

He looked down.

"N-No..." Y/N's slow tears turned into a sob.

Hermione.

"It wasn't your fault..." Hermione whispered.

She had blood trickling down her forehead. She was cold.

Y/N clutched her body in his arms, hugging her tight as he held her.

"No... Anyone but you- Please!" Y/N cried out to anyone.

There was no one left.

"Hermione-" Y/N clenched his eyes shut.

He didn't want to see her like that. He couldn't.

He reached for his wand on the floor in front of him.

"Y/N...?" Hermione's voice reached him.

He looked down. She fell limp.

Shakily, he pressed his wand to his neck and closed his eyes once more.

"Y/N." Her voice echoed once more.

Y/N bit his lip, hugging Hermione's motionless body tightly with his free hand.

"Avad-" He tried to chant.

"Y/N." Hermione called out once more.

Y/N felt a ringing in his head as his eyes slowly opened once more. The light blinded him, causing him to rub his eyes in pain with a groan.

He was back in Hogwarts. In one piece.

Y/N tried to lift his hand to touch his wet cheek. Looking around, many people were littered around the hospital bed he laid in but only one face caught his attention.