Chapter Six: Rescue Mission

"Sorry about that bite. I reckon that twinges a bit." Sirius chuckled, lifting Ron's arm over his shoulder, Harry supporting his other side.

"A bit? A bit?!" Ron cried, limping down the stairs with the two.

"You almost tore my leg off!"

"I was going for the rat." Sirius shrugged.

"Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas, they're murder."

"Pretty sure he's got fleas, dog or not." Y/N whispered to Hermione, staring at the back of Sirius's head.

Hermione tried to hide the smile that had formed on her face due to Y/N's joke as they walked behind the other three.

"Ow." Y/N winced at the sight of Ron's leg.

They had finally come out of the tree, leaning Ron against a log. Hermione began inspecting Ron's bitten leg, it was swollen and bleeding with teeth marks around.

"Go Harry, we'll take care of Ron." Hermione said upon noticing the look on Harry's face.

"You okay?" Harry questioned Ron as he stood up.

"I'm fine. Go." Ron replied, clutching his leg.

Harry left the three of them, catching up to Sirius, presumably to speak about his parents. Y/N stared at Ron's bleeding leg.

"You know, Ronald. You really need to learn to think before acting." Y/N sighed, taking his jacket off and placing it around Hermione.

"Aren't you supposed to be taking care of the injured one?" Ron raised an eyebrow at Y/N's actions.

"Sorry, Ronald. I'm not interested in men." Y/N gagged teasingly.

"Y/N." Hermione sighed, punching him lightly on the shoulder.

"What?" Y/N shouldered her softly, making her lose balance.

"It looks painful." Hermione said to Ron, crouching back down.

"So painful." Ron said dramatically.

"They might... chop it."

"Oh, please. You sound like Draco." Y/N groaned, getting up off the log.

"I'm sure Madam Pomfrey will fix it in a heartbeat." Hermione reassured.

"It's too late. It's ruined." Ron continued on his act.

"It'll have to be chopped off."

Hermione looked at Ron's leg worryingly while Y/N rolled his eyes.

"No way you're actually milking this, Ronald." Y/N shook he head.

Hermione looked up at Y/N with a mischievous smile on her face.

"I never thought you'd ever be jealous over me, Malfoy." She teased him, making his face turn pink.

"Jealous?!" Y/N stuttered, turning his head to look into the forest, refusing to meet Hermione's eyes.

"As if I'd be jealous over someone as uncute as you!"

"Ron!" The three were startled by Peter's voice, finally emerging out of the hole with Lupin.

"Haven't I been a good pet?! You won't let them give me to the dementors, will you? I was your rat!"

Peter quickly shifted his eyes over to Hermione, slowly moving his hand onto her shoulder.

"Sweet, clever girl! Surely you won't-"