001. Universe Bullsh*t.

001 , Universe Bullsh*t

Mitchell Augustus Rapp, or Augustus to his mother

Mitchell Augustus Rapp, or Augustus to his mother. (His father had wanted his only son to have a "manly" first name and they fought and fought like they always had until they settled on this.)

He had been twelve the last time he ever went by that name to anyone, and he intended to keep it that way.

What's the point of using the name and keeping the nickname of the one who gave it to you is dead?

Stealing. That's what it felt like to Mitch. A dishonour. It wasn't a credit to their memory. People do not live on through tainted childhood nicknames. Lies! Godhood/Boyhood, they were always meant to be destroyed. Blame the universe because we cannot blame the ocean or the summer sun for they provide us with the things we love.

They took everything that day. Silence. The universe had a change of heart, they started to give instead. The calm before the storm. Shhhh, the universe whispered. They didn't want him to know that they were read to take again. They'd given far too much, and it was time.

A̶u̶g̶g̶i̶e̶ Mitch Rapp lost everything. Over and over and over again.

Funny isn't it, how they both died in her favourite month? The one he'd been named after, the month he'd been born in. The universe must be laughing from above. Fate pulled their strings and they perfectly aligned. But fear not, for now he hates August's sticky summer heat and the colour changing leaves, mission accomplished.

Nathan Fucking Rapp aka arsehole no. 1/wasted potential. We don't talk about him, and for good reason.

Like most things on the small island, drugs stuck to his dad like a parasite, draining every drop until he was unrecognisable. And much like the universe, they continued to take and take, over and over and over again until there was nothing left to use, draining out his last breath right in front of his seventeen-year-old son in the forever tainted living room.