El Rapids

This lore starts back towards the beginnings of l'manburg and goes till fairly recently. So.... theres spoilers for some stuff. But it's important and I think should all be in a chapter together.

El Rapids, formerly known as Mexican L'Manberg, El'Manberg, Mexico, and L'Manberg Mexicano, was a nation founded by George, Sapnap, Quackity, and Punz. It overlooked L'Manberg and was located directly next to Boomerville and Party Park.

It was recognized as an independent nation by the Dream SMP after a major skirmish took place between El Rapids and the Dream SMP. It is the second of only two countries so far to have been recognized by the Dream SMP as being an independent nation (the first being L'Manberg).

To become a proper citizen of El Rapids, one had to inhale a line of string and take the Bite of Truth (a spider eye). Members were given a Spanish version of their names.

El Rapids was abandoned due to the loss of interest, morale, and unity following the destruction of L'Manberg, their parent nation.

Karl, Sapnap, and George officially disbanded the nation as it was no longer partaking in major events. Eventually Quackity took the landmass down after learning of the country's dissolution. It's actually pretty important lore.

George decided to build a new country on the SMP that would be able to compete with L'Manberg. He hired Sapnap and Punz to build the country with him and offered to make Quackity "President." Quackity initially refused, as he thought it would create unnecessary competition for a recovering L'Manberg and go against his duty as Acting Vice-President, but George eventually convinced him by pitching the idea as extra real estate for L'Manberg. Together, the four built a one-block thick platform overlooking L'Manberg with a massive stair-well type hill leading up to it and waterfall called the "Waterfall of Metaphysics" or the Prime Waterfall.

Quackity and George later named the plot of land "Mexican L'Manberg" and declared it as its own country. Shortly after naming the country, George gave Quackity a spruce slab which Quackity dubbed the "Presidential Mexican Slab."

After placing the slab, Quackity stated that it would symbolize the formation of Mexican L'Manberg and that they need to protect it. Quackity mined it shortly after and kept it in his inventory.

The two then started constructing a restaurant/presidential residence that was a complete recreation of Quackity's bedroom in real life. During construction, Sapnap was also given the name "Señor Sapnap."

All was peaceful.... then dream got involved

While the citizens of Mexican L'Manberg worked on building the nation, Dream trolled the citizens with water, spleefed the land, set off TNT on the plot, etc. Quackity fell to his death as a result of one prank and Dream temporarily stole the first slab of the country, causing George, Quackity, and Sapnap to panic.

Dream returned it to George, who returned it to Quackity shortly after. However, after realizing that the slab had an importance to the Mexican L'Manbergians, Dream killed Quackity (non cannonly) and he took the slab hostage, and interrogated the members on the importance of it. Dream eventually returned the slab after they explained the history of the slab, and Quackity placed it in his ender chest for safekeeping. Like people do with anything Dream wants.

After regaining the slab, Quackity attempted to get Dream to join the nation by stating that Dream had to make amends for stealing the slab and Quackity's stuff. Dream refused, but Quackity remained adamant and negotiated with Dream. After some time, Dream mentioned asking Mexican Dream instead.

Shortly after, Quackity left and Mexican Dream appeared. Mexican Dream continued Quackity's negotiations by insinuating that Dream was racist for not joining. Dream eventually said yes and logged off.