Fleeting dream

Waking up with an injury was not something to look forward to. The excruciating pain hits like a bitch, and I was asleep on my school desk. Upon checking where it came from, I got bruises on my shoulder and I don't even know how I got it.

It was the last class, and honestly, I don't feel like moving an inch. Laying my head on the table, I just look around at the scurrying students, aching to get out of the 'Hell on Earth' right that second. Zoning out, I let myself immersed in my thoughts if I had any.

" Hey."

That's when I finally noticed that a guy was standing in front of my desk, looking down at me. The only noticable feature was that he's a ravenette.

" Come on, we've got a short assembly at the hall."

" Right..."

Stuffing my things in the bag, not caring if it tangles up in there, I accidentally caused a fluctuation of pain from the action. And of course, he didn't let it slip from his attention.

" Are you feeling okay?" he worriedly asked.

Not even getting a chance to reply, a palm landed on my forehead, causing me to flinch from sudden contact. Moreover, he's always been on the colder side as if he's been marinated in the fridge or something.

" Your temperature seems normal, so what's the matter?" he questioned, removing his hand from me.

Again, not quite yet getting the chance to reply, a guy interrupted us.

" What's up? Are you guys not moving yet?" he greeted.

" Her movements were sluggish and she seems to flinch in pain just from sweeping her stuff into the bag." The ravenette replied.

" Well, first, I just woke up. Secondly, I got some bruises on my shoulder and I don't know how I got it." I finally voiced out, not moving my injured arm.

The pain was throbbing and I wish I could just make it gone by detaching it or something. I grunted in displease.

When I look at them again, their expressions seems to have shifted. They seem ominous despite not directed for me, I got shivers. However, seeing that I noticed their change in expression, they immediately change it back to their smiling facade. I can still see how their eyes wasn't smiling though.

But I decided to ignore it. Anyways, the ravenette took my good hand, forcing me to stand up as he was ready to lead me around, while the other just took my bag and left, saying he'll meet us at the assembly. Dragging me around, he seems to be searching for a room to use but everywhere seems to be occupied by people.

I wondered, thinking why he kept changing direction after taking a peek at specific rooms. But then, when I look back at every place he chose, I realized why he keep clicking his tongue.

Music room, Extra Classroom 1, Changing room. These places are usually left empty at this time of the day.

He knew I wasn't comfortable with people I barely knew seeing me doing anything at all. I smiled, almost tearing up at his kind sentiment, squeezing his hand lightly as thanks.

Seeing that we didn't manage to find any room and the time for the assembly was getting near, we decided to just go to the assembly first.

To tell you the truth, I knew another reason why he wanted to search for a vacant room. He wanted to heal me using his vampire powers without revealing his identity but luck wasn't on our side.

How I know?

I don't know, I just knew from heart I guess.

Arriving at the assembly point, the ravenette let go of my hand, fishing something out of his pocket and hold it out to me. With a question mark on my head, I hold out my hand to receive it.

Upon discovering what he gave me, my eyes glistened in glee.

" Your favourite gum. Hope it'll help you to calm you down when we weren't with you."

You see, during assembly, they separate boys and girls. I was always anxious since I didn't really know people other than them both and it causes me internal panic at times. In a fit of happiness, I hugged him tightly, receiving pats on my head after.

" Bye, see you later."

He gave me one last pat on my head and waved me goodbye. I waved back, popping the gum into my mouth.

Somehow, a male teacher appeared next to me.

" You seem to have male friends, huh? They really care about you." was all he said before he shot me a last look and walk away.

' What's up with that guy?' was painted on my face as I stared at him before shrugging and lined up.

A tap on my back woke me from my daydreaming. I turn towards the classmate that stand behind me.

" Here, your friend pass it to me earlier." she said, holding out a milk carton to me.

I thanked her cheerily and went ahead to poke the straw in, slurping the drink greedily. And like in any assembly, I got sleepy in a matter of minutes. Looking around in a sleepy manner, I noticed how some people seem to disappear or maybe it was just my imagination? In seconds, I was out like a light.

In that same moment, I woke up, sitting up lazily on my back. After a few seconds, my brain finally seemed to process everything.

" Ah... It was all a dream..."