Our Happy Ending

Karanvir was waiting for half an hour now....he still had hope that she would come. He started to panic. After waiting for another hour
, his mind had given up on the thought that she would come...but his heart still had hope. He was now being fidgety and was moving from one side of the terrace to the other.  After walking for more than an hour , he was now tired and he sat keeping his head on the table. And after a while, he fell asleep.

Meanwhile Debattama was trying hard not to think about Karan or the chit but after being unsuccessful in her attempt. Her love won. Their love won.

When she enters the terrace, she was mesmerized by the beautiful decoration done by him until she finds him sleeping on the table decorated with rose petals.

He was looking so cute enough to woo her heart. Watching him sleep like a baby made her heart melt. And all the angst , confusion, fight, anger just vanished.
She was just in that moment and felt so free and light after seeing him. She knew what she missed all this while ,him, it's him.

Debattama's inner voice-
" Yeh wakt Jane kyun tham sa gaya hai..
Tujhe dekh kar yeh sab Jane kyun haseen ho gaya hai..."
" Main, tum , hum aur bas yeh hawa..."
" Kaash yeh wakt yahi ruk jaye.."
" Kaash Tum.."

And Karanvir wakes up with some sudden shock. Before he could understand what it was, he saw her. He was astonished. He couldn't move. He had prepared so much that he would do and say to her as soon as she comes but he forgot everything.

Karanvir said in a quavering voice " mishtii..."

And they had an eye lock. And he moves a step forward. She moves forward by a step too. And soon they were just one step away from each other.

Their eyes spoke more than what words could have ever spoken.

" I am sorry, mishtii", Karanvir said expressing his guilt and pulling her into his arms.

She hold him tight and tears started falling down her cheeks.
They didn't realise but both of them had tears. They were crying holding each other tight. She could hear his heartbeats.
His shirt was wet because of her tears.

"Mishtii.." he uttered to her ears.

"Hmm.." she asked.

" Agar aana hi tha toh, itna wait kyun karwaya.." He giggled.

"Mchhhhh" he expressed and slapped his chest.

" Acha chale.." Karanvir asked debattama.

"Kahannn?!", Debattama exclaimed.

"Maine jo itna decorate Kiya yahan khade rehne ke liye?!" Karanvir exclaimed sarcastically.

"Arehhh...tum bhi na!",she replied.

Then, they went near the table, and Karanvir pulls the chair for debattama.

Debattama says impressively," Thank you mister. Chivalry is never out of fashion,you know right!"

" Haa" Karanvir smiles.

As soon as he goes to the other side of the table, she says," wait.."

Ans she runs and pulls the chair for him.
" Here you go" she says.

Karanvir says impressively,"thank you ma'am."

" Mishtiii", he calls her holding her hand.

" Haa bolo Karan" she replies.

" Main bohot dar gaya tha... Kahin main apni bewakoofi ki wajah se tumhe kho na doo.... I am really sorry for my stupidity!"he confessed.

She keeps her other hand on his hand and takes a firm grip of it.
She says reassuring him," nahi Karan....now that I think back maybe I could have handled the situation in a better way..or maybe I overreacted."

" Nahi...no...you were right...for the very first time...maine overthinking ki wajah se aisi bachkaani harkat ki hai..and sach bolu toh...
Agar tum aise react nahi karti toh main shayad aise hi overthink karta rehta..or maybe koi aur stupidity karta." He explained.

" Acha yeh tumhare liye sabak thi?!" She asks and then smiles.

" Haaa..baapre mishti ka gussa! Dikhne main toh choti but gussa baba reh baba!" He says teasingly.

She makes faces and starts to beat him.
He holds her hand.
Then takes her to the other end of the terrace holding her hand.
Then they stop.
Karanvir makes a eye contact with debattama. He kneels down and says," Miss Debattama Saha, will you be able to handle this  silly Punjabi guy for life?!"

She giggles and says with tears in her eyes,
" Yes .....yesI can handle this lamba choura punja Munda for the rest of my life."

She kneels down," Mr. Karanvir Sharma, are you ready to my man for the rest of my life?!" Debattama takes out the ring she bought that day for him and she asks for his hand," May I?"

"Ha... ofcourse!" He says.

He takes out his locket and makes her wear it.
"Yeh.." she asks.

"Shhh.." he makes her silent.

He says," ring toh nahi but maybe this locket will be a promise to you that you have right on every thing I have."

" I love you Karan"

" I love you mishtii"

They hug each other. And then Debattama presses her lips on his, their lips pressed together. They could feel each other breathes. She was playing with hair and he was rubbing her back with his hands passionately.   Their intensity expressed how both of them longed for each other.

After their long passionate kiss, they held each other's hands and stepped forward.

They stopped a few steps away from the end.
She kept her head on his shoulder and he kept his hand on her head.
They stood their watching the sunset together.

They were lost in their own little world. As they say," it's not me or you, it's us."

The silence was peaceful. There was no rush, no noise.
In this world of lights, camera and action, they found love. The true soulful love. The faith , the peace, they longed for, was finally there.
It was them,just them.
Two completely opposite souls, they were so different but yet so alike.

"Udasi ka sanjh,
  Ek naya sa saveera aaya hai...
  Dil ke iss registan mein,
  Pyaar ka phool khila hai.."

--------------------THE END-----------------------

Hey readers, i hope you would like this part.
Thank you for always being so supportive!
I would have never gathered so much courage to continue it without your appreciations.
Thank you so much for all the love you guys have showered on me..
Lots of love
-Soumili ❤️