─︎ тwenтy ѕeven || vιneѕ ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

PRESENT DAY

Heart beating out of his chest, Druig saw his friends attempt to ease his nerves with a thumbs up, but it was useless. The thought of being married to his girl made his universe multiply. In his chest was a glowing ember that never failed to burn whenever she was near.

Waiting for more than hundreds of years to be married to her heightened his anticipation. If someone told his past self that he would marry Y/n, the eternal that found him agonizing and annoying, he would call bullshit.

Throughout their toughest ordeals, they remained together, planet after planet. Although they couldn't remember their past lives, they knew they had more history than they could ever possibly imagine.

Leaving him breathless, his future wife walked into the ceremony, eyes polluted with adoration. Karun smiled, recording everything. He took his job very seriously.

"I bet 20 bucks he'll cry," Thena whispered to Kingo.

Kingo sighed, knowing he would probably lose. "We'll see."

Declaring Thena the winner, Druig couldn't take his eyes off the bride, tears simmering. Golden lights were arranged on the ceiling, used to resemble the stars the engaged couple admired so much. Its vibrant glow made Y/n look even more majestic, her eyes blazing as she walked with pure elegance.

"Hand it over," Thena said, holding her hand out in front of Kingo. Muttering curses, Kingo obeyed and handed it over, knowing he didn't stand a chance in the first place.

His own tears surfacing, Kingo grumbled, "I can't blame him, honestly."

"Are you crying?" Thena chuckled, furrowing her brows.

Kingo sniffled, wiping the tears off his cheeks. "No." Thena conveyed him a look. "Yes. It's just so beautiful."

When she reached the podium, she could not stop smiling. She was irrevocably in love with him, inexplicably drawn to him. Druig wanted to skip the vows and kiss her greedily, but hearing her vow was too interesting to pass up.

"You look..." Druig said, lost for words.

Amused, Y/n chuckled at his reaction. Under his gaze, she felt as if she could make the whole world swoon. "Pretty? Breathtaking?" she teased.

Druig shook his head. "Perfect." The correction made her heart flutter. "Just perfect."

Vows commenced — each heartfelt word growing a new vine of love around their mind. Those vines took over their thoughts, ultimately leaving them downright love-struck.

Druig went first, opening a folded piece of paper since he was terrified of getting it wrong. He didn't know how many times he practiced it in front of a mirror and almost got caught by his future wife.

"The second I introduced myself on the Domo, I knew I had to get to know you." Druig declared, admiring her grin. "Even though you did everything to get away from me, I still got you."

Y/n chuckled as he continued, the enthusiasm never lacking in his words. "Even though you once left me stranded on a mountain, I found myself falling in love with you with each insult you threw at me. It sounds crazy —."

Y/n nodded in agreement, smiling uncontrollably. She mouthed, "It is crazy."

"Okay, fine. It is crazy, but it's true. You bewitched me, and you had no clue." Druig chuckled, sensing the overwhelming wildfire of euphoria flaring within her. "When fighting deviants, you moved with grace. It was impossible not to admire you."

He added, "I did everything to get closer to you, and it only took a couple of hundred years, but it was worth it. I would do it all over again. All the times I would try to get you to crack a smile, all the injuries I got from training with you, which was an insane amount — I would do it again. Ajak would always heal me, knowing how desperate I was to make a connection with you."

Kingo sniffled again. Sitting beside him, Jack passed him a tissue box. "Thought you might need it." Before snatching it from the boy, the eternal muttered a thank you.

Druig continued, "I cannot express how grateful I am to have you by my side. Forever, I will cherish the memories we share. Forever, I will love the way you try to hide a smile at my idiotic jokes and the way your eyes light up whenever I finally agree to watch a Disney movie with you. You are my entire life, Y/n."

If Ikaris had been successful in his attempt to kill the love of his life, he wouldn't remain sane. Without her, he had no reason to continue.

"I have more to say, but if I said all of it, no one would go home tonight." The groom planned to reveal his essay about how much he loved her in private. The small crowd chuckled, admiring the couple that would finally tie the knot. "You are my favorite person. Y/n, I love you in every universe. I always will."

The bride smiled widely, saddened that she wasn't able to kiss Druig until a little later. After expressing how beautiful his vows were, she couldn't wait to commence hers. "Druig, you really pissed me off when we first landed on Earth."

The groom chuckled. It was his specialty to get under people's skin. Y/n continued, "I was terrified of getting attached to people, knowing that I could lose them to all the hardships we faced. You helped me overthrow that fear. Because of you, I became willing to open my heart to experiences I only dreamed of."

She could feel all eyes on her. "Mahd Wy'ry tried to take that away from me, but you — you let me remember. You reminded me to live, and I can't thank you enough."

Mahd Wy'ry had threatened to decimate everything she assembled — all her beloved friendships and memories — and make her start from scratch. Druig saved her from having to reconstruct.

"I was so determined to make you my enemy and keep myself from thinking we could be something more." she continued, spotting the admiration in Druig's eyes. "It's obvious that I failed. Really badly, actually."

"I usually hate failing, but in this case, my defeat led to the best thing of my life — you." Y/n mentioned, her cheeks hurting from smiling so much. She couldn't help it. "I love you, Druig — even the parts you feel aren't worthy of love."

The moment she ended her vows, Druig couldn't wait any longer. He felt as if waiting another second would result in his death. Lips colliding, he let his hand slip around her waist. He had been dreaming of this moment for as long as he could remember, determined to relish it for the rest of his eternal life.

From then on, his life's dream was complete, sealed with a passionate kiss that erupted cheers from his friends and family.

(AUTHOR'S NOTE)

COMMITMENT! HOW SCARY!

I do apologize for not updating in
so long. I literally had no idea how to write this
chapter.

anyway, thoughts on their wedding?