─︎ ѕeven || вarrιer ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

575 BC - BABYLON

Just like countless other times, the deviants attacked the civilization that had germinated more over the years. Instantaneous screams of distress sprinkled into the air as the creatures made their entrance, not an ounce of goodwill interpreted in their actions.

Two children, a brother and sister, huddled together as they were paralyzed in trepidation. Structures around them began crumbling as the deviants could not care less about their existence. When the deviant prepared to chomp up the two kids, a boundary around the children impeded them from getting murdered, prompting the monster to whack its head against the force field.

"That's not very nice." Y/n chuckled, finding satisfaction as clenched her two daggers in her hands and stood in front of the monstrous deviant. "You need to learn some manners."

Benefiting from her practiced combat maneuvers, she punctured the creature as much as possible and maintained a force field around her team members and innocent noncombatants at the same time.

Each of the team members had their limits, and the amount of strength she was utilizing to keep everyone protected resulted in a headache developing ruthlessly. Repressing groans of minor discomfort, she signaled for Makkari to rescue the children away as she toiled with the creature. As usual, Druig investigated from afar, noticing the girl scrunch up her brows in pain.

Nearly as if they could identify her pain, the majority of the deviants scampered towards her. Not detecting a path out of the hazardous predicament, she decided to fly up into the atmosphere, but what she didn't anticipate was a deviant managing to claw her thigh in the process. Widening his eyes, Druig sought to run out of the barrier in her direction, but the others stopped him. Energy draining out of her with each passing second, she wished to kill these deviants as fast as possible. A distinct claw mark trailed from her waist to her ankle, and the overwhelming anguish did not inspire her strategic planning.

"Ajak, we need to get her out of there." Druig proposed, a flinty expression cemented on his face.

"We can't. We have to shut the barriers to protect the mortal civilization. They got this, Druig." Ajak assured, her spirit warming at his eloquent concern for the certain female. "I will mend her once they get shut the barrier with all humans inside and defeat the deviants."

"She will get herself more injured." Druig exhorted again, not taking no for an answer. Usually, whenever someone else other than her suffered an injury, he didn't react erratically. With her, it was different. Breathing regularly became a troublesome task, almost as if the air was being absorbed out of his lungs as he watched with fear ravaging through his veins.

"Calm yourself, Druig," Ajak repeated tenderly, noticing the male's face contort with ambivalence. "She is stronger than we realize. She has faced worse than this."

Pain trekking to each inch of her body, Y/n suppressed sounds of pain and remained soaring in the air, assassinating as many deviants as she could in her condition. Recognizing the hurt expression on Y/n's face, Gilgamesh assisted with some of the deviants, pummeling them against the barrier that had been sealed for a while. Appreciative, Y/n conveyed a small smile to him, one that was uncommon to obtain for most Eternals. He grinned back before reimbursing into the battle with Thena, a true goddess.

Once the deviants had been slaughtered without sympathy, Y/n staggered onto the ground, hobbling as she gazed at her injury. Feeling groggy, she reached over to Thena instinctively, and Thena graciously helped the injured girl to their leader. Rapidly, she blacked out as Ajak healed her leg thoughtfully, and Druig unleashed an audible sigh of consolation when the claw mark was no longer perceptible. However, Druig remained slightly bothered by previous Ajak's insisting demands.

Everyone has fears. Some people do everything they can to avoid them altogether. In this case, Druig's fear was Y/n's life being in danger, and with their prominent purpose, he would be contradicted by that uncertainty every day.

Unfortunately, to exterminate that fear, he would take out his irritation on the wrong person. Maybe it was for the better.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

SORRY FOR ALL THE ERRORS!