─︎ ғoυr || ѕтυввorn ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

5000 BC - MESOPOTAMIA

Deeming the civilization hadn't evolved much since the group of immortal beings first got here, no barriers prohibited the deviants from ambushing. Impatiently, they lurked in the nearby burrows, loitering for an opportunity to strike and fulfill their longing appetite for inexperienced mortals. Even if they managed to eradicate the entire population, the desire would still be there, hungering for more energy from intelligent life.

Discovering their building starvation couldn't be suppressed any longer, they all charged at the civilization, feet battering on the ground with each pace they took. Discerning the rumbling ground, the Eternals looked around, catching sight of the ravenous group of predators headed straight for them.

"Y/n, create a force field around all of us," Ajak ordered, understanding the multitude of deviants would be complicated to exterminate, even with the entire team. Fulfilling the leader's orders, a second later, an imperceptible half-sphere materialized around the human civilization, and the creatures shrieked in upheaval when each of them accidentally galloped into the invisible force field.

A few grunts of pain emitted from Y/n's mouth whenever the deviants would scratch or attempt to obliterate the force field. Pain erupted in her head as she continued maintaining the protective half-sphere around them while the team brainstormed a strategy.

"You alright, darling?" Druig mumbled with concern intertwined in his tone, noticing his team member's pained demeanor.

"I will be once these deviants are gone," she muttered as the deviants proceeded with their endeavors to enter. Druig granted her a knowing look, concern influencing his features.

"I'm fine, Druig. Don't worry about me," she guaranteed, withstanding her urge to let out groans of discomfort. "Just assist the others with a plan while I focus on my job, okay?"

Hesitantly, Druig nodded, looking back at the female once in a while as he trotted over to the others. Everyone knew they had their own role in the team. A handful of them were momentous warriors, like Ikaris, Kingo, Makkari, Gilgamesh, Thena, and Y/n, while others were more advantageous using their intellect, like Druig, Ajak, Phastos, Sprite, and Sersi.

"I won't be able to hold them back for much longer!" Y/n exclaimed, sensing the irritation in her cranium pound ruthlessly. Hurried, the thinkers formulated a moderately adequate plan, instructing Y/n to thrust the deviants back slightly and diminish her force field. Obeying, she utilized more of her strength to nudge the deviants back, enabling the other warriors to strike as Druig wielded his mind control to navigate the humans away.

Dismissing the wish to rest, Y/n gathered her daggers, equipping to cut off a few of the beasts' heads.

"Y/n, you have to rest!" Druig protested, eyes shimmering gold along with the humans' pupils.

"I'll be fine. Focus on keeping the humans back!" Y/n demanded, scurrying into the battlefield; she shortly assassinated two deviants in one swift movement. Soaring in the air, she coaxed the monsters to Thena and Gilgamesh, allowing the duo to slaughter a few.

"She is losing a lot of energy, Ajak," Druig commented, troubled.

"I know, but you know how stubborn she is." Ajak reminded. "I will heal whatever injuries she has when she comes back." As the female warrior went on with battling, the scalding discomfort in her brain intensified, making her grit her teeth. Every team member had a defensive force field around them, just in case a deviant managed to stagger past them.

Eventually, inhuman shrieks of distress fluctuated in the atmosphere as the deviants perished one by one, only wanting to survive and germinate. Weary and anxious, the heroes returned to the civilization, scrutinizing each trivial element for any possible menaces.

"I told you to rest, Y/n." Druig reprimanded as he approached the female, who reclined away from the others, eyes closed as she speculated and drowned out any unnecessary sounds.

"I'm fine, Druig. I only got scratched once." she argued, chuckling at the man's concern.

"Once?" Druig clamored abruptly, crouching down beside her. Unexpectedly, he cupped her face with his gentle hands, making her face him; she opened her eyes instinctively. While he examined the injury on her face, she refrained from exhibiting a flustered reaction, but the tenderness from his touch rendered it exceptionally difficult.

"I swear, someday you're going to give me a heart attack," Druig stated, oblivious to the cognitive argument taking place in the girl's boisterous brain. A shallow laceration stretched across her cheek, and thankfully it didn't induce any blood to trickle down her skin profusely. Almost as if his eyes couldn't control it, they trailed down to her lips as he wondered how they would feel against his.

Surprisingly, the female eternal found herself doing the same thing, mentally admonishing herself for her rash behavior.

"Y/n, come over here so I can heal you!" Ajak called out, unsure where Y/n and Druig had gone. Acknowledging his actions, he coughed nervously and retracted his hands, staring into her eyes.

"Be careful next time, darling." Druig exhorted as he helped her stand up.

"No promises," she responded sarcastically before trotting to Ajak.

Gazing as she sauntered away from him, Druig let out an unsteady breath, contemplating what could have occurred if Ajak hadn't intervened.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

[FOR ANYONE WONDERING, Y/N HAS FIRE, FORCE FIELDS, FLYING, AND AMAZING COMBAT SKILLS AS POWERS! SORRY FOR THE ERRORS!]