─︎ one || ѕтarιng ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

5000 BC - MESOPOTAMIA

Elegantly, the waves whisked onto the seaside, shifting the myriad grains of sand under it. Twinkling as if everyone's eyes were concentrated on it, the sun emitted its warmth, causing its reflection to drift along with the ripples in the water.

Relishing a fresh fish his father caught, a son squatted with his bare feet firmly on the ground and memorized the distinguished flavor infiltrating his mouth as his father hunted for more. Unfortunately, his benign aura was short-lived when other humans commenced waving their hands in the air, cautioning them from a remote cliff.

Taking notice of the other humans' panicked hollers, the tan-skinned son's eyes met his father's defeated pupils as he shouted for him.

"Run." the father instructed. Without remorse, a deviant lunged towards the adult, gnawing and swallowing him up greedily, as if he were nothing but a brisk snack.

Still not satisfied, the deviant desired more nourishment, fueled by appetite. With its teeth centimeters away from the traumatized boy, the deviant was interrupted when a force field dissuaded it from engulfing the human. Using the deviant's uproar as an ephemeral distraction, Makkari zipped the boy out of the way once Y/n gestured her to.

Considering not all the eternals' abilities were required, Sprite, Sersi, and Phastos patiently waited for the others to finalize their mission. Refusing to wait with them, Druig accompanied Y/n, dismissing her pressing objections to the idea of it.

Observing her arduous battle talents from afar, he noticed the woman protected the others from the deviants, and she began charging up flames in the palms of her hands. Unknowingly, she had become a guardian. Even though she maintained relatively evasive towards Druig, he understood she would defend him with no additional thoughts.

"You're staring again," Ajak remarked, supervising her team combat competently.

"I am not." Druig retorted, fluctuating his gaze to the ground. "I am merely watching the other's actions. You never know when their fighting techniques can come in handy."

"Yeah, I'm sure that's all you're watching." Ajak hummed softly with a smile, but Druig was already in a trance. Unintentionally, Y/n's arm managed to get slashed as she was protecting Ikaris and Thena. Rather than the throbbing wound deterring her confidence, it only provided her with more motivation to slaughter the creature. In less than a second, she generated two glass-like walls in the air, squishing the deviant into bits with them as a clamor of suffering emanated from the beast. Of course, she made sure the squad didn't get contaminated by the varmint's remains.

"Try not to creep her out with the staring, Druig." Ajak declared, chuckling as she discovered Druig hadn't heard her.

The fighting girl's motivation enthralled him.

"Ajak, what is her name?" he asked, recalling he hadn't even been granted her name.

"Y/n. Her name is Y/n." Ajak responded as the altercation between the deviants and Eternals ended.

"Y/n," Druig repeated to himself in a hushed tone as tranquility swiveled in the climate. "I finally know her name."

That day substantiated the beginning of a union with humans and Eternals, and deep down, Y/n was beyond enthusiastic. Every human she differentiated possessed unique characteristics and something that exhilarated her. Little did she know, it also was the beginning of something else.

It was the start of her being able to uncover who she truly was, and the start of Druig's personal exploration to understand what precisely made her brain tick.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎
[HI AGAIN! SORRY FOR THE ERRORS. IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU MIGHT WANT TO SEE IN THIS BOOK, COMMENT ABOUT IT! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR IDEAS!]