"They won't always be bigger than her."

"I know that," he rolled his eyes.

"So she'll chase them," she giggled as Gracie rolled onto her back, kicking her tiny legs in the air.

"She will," he sighed, smiling softly at her.

"You don't want her to get bigger?" Meredith murmured, rubbing the puppy's stomach again.

"She's kind of cute so tiny."

"Kind of cute?"

"Really cute."

"That's what we thought, Daddy," Meredith giggled, though it died the second she said daddy. That probably wasn't a word he wanted to hear today.

"Of course," Derek laughed, falling onto the bed beside her.

"Hey," she murmured, running her fingers through his hair.

"Hey," he smiled softly, his eyes sparkling.

"How...how was your day?"

"Good," he grinned. "Yours?"

"It was good," she nodded, reaching to pet Gracie who stood up on the bed for a second.

"Hmmm...good," he breathed, reaching out to run his hand along her arm.

"Do you..." she trailed off and watched Gracie turn around three times, obviously looking for a good place to lie down.

"Hmmm?"

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"No."

"Oh," she breathed.

"We can put one on," he smirked. "But don't expect to pay attention."

"Why not?"

"Because I have other plans."

"Other plans?" she breathed.

"Hmmm..." he nodded slowly.

"Are we...are we playing with Gracie?"

"No."

"Oh," she nodded, watching the dog who was curled up next to Derek, watching him carefully.

"We got interrupted yesterday."

"We did."

"I want you," he whispered.

"Oh," she breathed, her body automatically heating. "I...I want you too."

"Good."

"Good," she nodded.

"So..." he breathed.

"So..."

"Hmmm..." he smiled, leaning over to kiss her gently.

"Hi," Meredith murmured against his lips, her hands moving through his curls. "I think Gracie needs to go to bed."

"I think that's a good idea," he nodded, looking at the dog.

"Gracie, bed time," she giggled, scratching the puppy's belly.

"That's not going to help," Derek laughed.

"Well, you take her."

"Oh make me be that bad guy," he smiled, reaching for the dog. "Grace, we love you but you need to go to bed so we can have some...grown up time."

"Grown up people time."

"Yes," he nodded, shifting to put Grace in her bed. "So can you stay here for a bit?"