29

Lexie wasn't sure why Mark was staring at Derek the way he was. Actually, she did know why. Derek was laughing and bouncing as he opened the trunk of the Land Rover to pull out boxes. She had never, ever seen Derek bounce like this. Even at work, he had been bouncy and happy and...laughy or something. She knew that wasn't a word, Mark had already made fun of her, but it was true. She was pretty sure Derek was excited about moving out. He and Meredith had been looking for something for ages and now he was moving and she got the excited thing. But Derek was definitely kind of acting strange. He didn't bounce. He was a really sad person. Which made sense, it made sense that Derek was a sad person but this guy wasn't sad at all. He looked a little crazy or something. So Mark was staring at him, completely concerned as he moved to stand next to his brother, to grab other boxes. She had basically been roped into this today, because really, she and Mark were supposed to be...well...something all day. She wasn't completely sure what was going on, but they were standing here while Derek's pregnant sister stared at the trailer in front of her. "Derbear..."

"Don't even say it, Soph," Derek frowned.

"Say what?"

"What you're about to say."

"I'm not about to say anything."

"Meredith gets it," Derek sighed, staring at the trailer, his smile returning.

"Speaking of Mer," Lexie cut in before Sophie could say anything. "Why doesn't she have to help you move?"

"She does," Derek sighed, looking at his watch. "She had to go see her mom and she must be running late."

"Or she got eaten by a bear," Sophie joked.

"She didn't get eaten by a bear," Derek rolled his eyes. "I've never even seen one around here."

"Yet."

"Well then I hope you get eaten by it," Derek laughed at his sister.

"Hey! I'm pregnant!"

"You don't want the baby anyway."

"Derek!" she gasped and Lexie couldn't help but giggle at the tears that built in Sophie's eyes as the woman wrapped her arm over her stomach. "That's...yes I do!"

"There, Bri, told you I could get her to admit it," Derek grinned.

"Damn," Brian sighed as he pulled out his wallet. "Twenty?"

"Pay up," Derek nodded. "You too, Sloan."

"You...you bet on my unborn child!" Sophie gasped. "You...I can't believe you! And you, Brian Thompson...I finally let you back on the couch and...you bet that I didn't want our baby?"

"No, Sophie," Brian laughed. "I know you want it. I bet that you would never admit to it."

"I...I admitted it to you! I told you I was happy and...how could you?"

"What you admit to me and what you admit to your family are two different things."

"I hope you liked the couch."

"Oh Soph," Derek groaned. "Mark and I started it."

"And he bet on it!" she frowned, her hand on her round hips. "I...I'm pregnant for the fifth time and I tell him things and...seriously, Bri, couch."

"But who will rub your back?"

"I can get one of the kids to do it. Or maybe I'll just find a boyfriend."

"No man would want a woman strapped with five kids."

"That's nice. No woman will want a man strapped with four kids. As this one is coming with me. And Chels. So...three kids."