"Mark just scrubbed in," Lexie shrugged. "I don't know where Derek is. Why are you wearing sunglasses?"

"I'm hiding," Meredith looked around and then grabbed Lexie's arm, pulling her through a nearby door. Closet. This was definitely a supply closet or something.

"Oh," Lexie smiled. "Who are we hiding from?"

"Derek."

"Why are we hiding from Derek?"

"Because....because he's Derek and Dereky and he said things and did things and...am I beautiful?"

"Of course you are," Lexie grinned. "I love your hair."

"That's...it's weird. It's weird and you saying that is...I mean, you're a girl and not a guy. You're not a guy and...Mark doesn't think I'm beautiful, right?"

"Well...he says you're hot," Lexie shrugged. "But I hit him when he says that."

"Derek...Derek kissed me," Meredith gasped.

"He kisses you all the time."

"No, Lex. No. He kissed me. Actually kissed me. With tongue and hands and...he touched my boob. He's never done that and...he kissed me. Really kissed me and he said he likes it and he wants to do it more. He wants to do it a lot, because I'm beautiful or something. He said I was beautiful like...a thousand times or not a thousand but he said I'm beautiful and...he said I'm beautiful and he kissed me."

"Oh Mer..." Lexie breathed.

"He kissed me, Lexie! He kissed me and he had an erection...an actual, he's huge, did I ever tell you that? He's big and he had an erection and he wanted to...do things. I think he wanted to do things and I think he wanted to have sex with me and he wanted me and...his hand was on my boob! And this morning, his hand was on my stomach and...he said he wants to kiss me. And that I was beautiful."

"Well it's about time."

"Wh....no, Lex," Meredith shook her head as she started pacing the small closet. "No. No, it's not about time because his family is dead. Dead family, Lexie. Which is worse than my crazy family and he's...he has a dead family and he's been a mess. He's been a mess and I know I'm in love with him but he's...he doesn't have to be in love with me, Lex. He doesn't have to and he doesn't have..."

"Wh...he could be, Mer. Or...he could be and what if he is?"

"He can't be. It's not possible.

"Why not?"

"Because...I asked him what was going on and he said he didn't know. He doesn't know and...I love kissing him. He kisses me and it feels amazing and his hands feel amazing and hearing I'm beautiful is actually kind of nice, or really nice but...he doesn't know. He doesn't know."

"Of course he doesn't know, Mer," Lexie sighed. "I think you should probably breathe."

"What?"

"Breathe. Because if you don't....you'll need Derek and then you'll have to tell Derek why you freaked out and he'd feel really bad."

"I don't want him to feel bad, Lex. I don't."

"So breathe."

"I'm breathing."

"Okay but you're kind of not."

"Lex," Meredith groaned. "I need to know what to do. Because this...I want to go with this. I want to kiss him and I want him to tell me I'm beautiful. I want to see...but I can't do this. I can't do this."

"Why not?"

"Because kissing him and letting him touch my boob? That's...I love him. I love him, Lexie."