5- Race to Domu Library

The small community of villagers continued to observe the proceedings with unwavering interest.  For such a small village, the crash in itself was momentous.  Now, the ninja's rush to make a plan, and then depart, only heightens the initial excitement in the tense atmosphere.  Doors slam and squeak back open on rusty hinges, following the movements of village people and ninja alike.  The already worn paths and porches are soon sprinkled with new scuff marks.  When Lloyd begins to issue orders to the group, you notice the wide eyed children peering out from the decrepit cabins.

Misako is to stay behind, both to continue her own work and to handle finding and safely disposing of the strange symbol that must have been placed aboard Destiny's Bounty.

Cole and Jay are to stay behind as well.  Their task is first and foremost the original mission the ninja had embarked on, some sort of minor disturbance.  Once the original mission is completed, the next task will be to clean up the wreckage strewn throughout the usually serene and neat village.

Kai and Nya, the siblings, have been assigned to accompany Lloyd in the race to the Domu Library.

This leaves only the titanium ninja, Zane.  Already atop his elemental dragon, he vanishes into the distance without any apparent instruction from the Green Ninja.

You turn to Lloyd, an unasked question dangling from your lips.

Fortunately for you, the ninja answers immediately and before you can even speak.  "Oh, Zane's going to fill in Master Wu on the situation.  He's probably already worried that we haven't returned yet, and now that we're splitting up, it's even more important that he knows what happened."

"Wu?  Master Wu?"

Lloyd tilts his blond head at your startled countenance.  "Wait, do you know him?"

"Yes, actually.  When I was in Ninjago City I kind of bumped into him... literally.  He told me that he had students and even introduced himself, but..."  You pause, pressing a hand to your forehead.  "I didn't know he meant the ninja."

Accepting this information with a nod, he signals to Kai and Nya, who leap aboard their respective elemental dragons and vanish into the low-hanging clouds together.  Strangely, he himself waits a few more moments, securing a... saddle? to his own dragon, and glancing back to where Misako watches from one of the tiny cabins.  Even more shocking is when one of his gloved hands slips into your field of vision, palm open in an inviting gesture.

You freeze on the spot, eyeing the offer with mounting uncertainty.

"Well, Y/n, are you coming with or not?  It would be a shame if we were to arrive on the scene to stop total destruction without being able to find the right book in time."

Something about his hopeful tone tells you that your identification skills aren't the only reason for you to tag along.

Grasping his hand, you try not to yell as your entire body is swung off the ground to land neatly behind the ninja.  A single heartbeat passes, or two, thanks to your own speeding up immensely, passes before the mass of green energy underneath you launches skyward.  

Your breathing eventually settles as the journey progresses.  The trip, however, although not nearly as concerning as you first thought it would be to soar through the open air, soon takes a sour turn.  The first time the elemental power falters, the dragon simply dips lower in its smooth flight.  The second time, you notice the exhaustion and pain writ across Lloyd's entire face.

"Lloyd?  What's wrong?"

He winces, whether from your words or the truth behind them you can't tell.  "I guess I really haven't gotten enough rest.  Something isn't right, though.  Even when I've gotten injured this badly before, it's never been enough to affect my powers."