2- Something I Haven't Told You Yet

Lloyd pauses to frown at his sensei and uncle, barely avoiding a cut to the face by the Master of Fire's katana.  Grunting, he rolls backwards, springing back to his feet off of one hand.  Then, he continues to divert his gaze from the fight.  Brow furrowed, he frowns even deeper than before.  

"Lloyd?"  Kai grasps his shoulder.  "Are you alright?  You're usually the only one of us who actually focuses through an entire training session or sparring match."

The younger teen exhales loudly, shoulders dropping like weights.  "I just wonder why Uncle—Master Wu hasn't come out of his room for so long.  I know he's busy, but it's more than that.  It's almost like he's—"

"Worried?" Jay offers, stepping up to join the two.  "Maybe.  But, honestly, he does this to us all the time, it's not really a surprise.  I'm sure everything's fine."

Only Lloyd notices the lightning ninja's worried expression and the way he bites his lip.  Only Lloyd notices the weary stance of Kai, who should be anything but tired after easily fending off a distracted sparring opponent.  And only Lloyd is the first to notice Zane approaching them at a run from the direction of the Bounty.  

"Everyone!  There's a disturbance in one of the smaller northern villages!" the nindroid shouts to them all, catching the attention of even Nya and Cole.  He slows some, casting a curious glance towards Yang's former temple, before resuming his rapid pace.  "We should leave immediately."

Barely managing to keep from gritting his teeth, Lloyd reluctantly dashes after the others.  That gnawing, strange worry does not fade even in the face of a mission, of something to do.  The Green Ninja's skin erupts into goosebumps at a sudden gust of wind, trailing after him as he boards Destiny's Bounty.  And inevitably bringing back memories he would rather forget.  

Wu steps softly out of the temple doors to watch the Bounty slip quickly across a clear sky, his students bound for yet another quest.  After spending the day avoiding them, his heart sinks in his chest, guilt finally overtaking him.

"It's to protect them," he whispers to himself.  "It always has been.  I can't lose any of my students, not again."  Leaning heavily on his staff, the old man closes his eyes.  

Another gust of wind drives through the air, this time suddenly cut short.  Wu stoops to retrieve his hat, pausing curiously at the unusual weather patterns.  Unusual, but anything but unnoticed.  Then he shakes away the thoughts creeping into his mind, choosing instead to focus on more present concerns than the past.

"For now it must remain secret.  I'm sorry, Lloyd.  There's something I haven't told you yet."

~~~

"How many more of these do we have to search?" you complain, leaning against a comically tall tower of books and the occasional scroll.  An aching back, sore eyes, and an irritable mood certainly don't serve to aid you in your search.  A search for...

Misako steps around one of the mountains of paper.  "I'm not sure."  A brief pause as she rubs a hand to her temples, apparently suffering the same headache as you.  "But we'll know when we find it, and we're bound to find it soon.  Y/n, try checking over in that direction, there should be a few books around more unusual curses and the like."

That in itself was not the issue, you decide.  It was more that you had not originally planned to spend your days ransacking various libraries.  From the one located in the depths of Ninjago City to the more reclusive ones in remote villages, Misako had dragged you to far too many.  Now, you stood in the halls of the Domu Library.  From what you can tell, however, each lead or clue only drags the two of you further from answers.  On the more positive side of the situation, you had suddenly acquired some various, fascinating information about magic and powers that riddled Ninjago over the ages.