Jane

"Don't worry, I like to play with my food," the black tuxedo demon says.

I'm in the bluebonnet field again. The shadows creep around me. "What do you want with me?" I ask. "I want you," he replies. Then, his tentacles wrap around me and squeeze the life out of me.

I wake up screaming. Mel barges into my room. "What's wrong? Have you been murdered?" Then Mel sees me, and I can tell that a piece of her heart breaks when she sees me crying. "Come here," she says softly. We hug for a while, just enjoying each other's presence. "Are you okay now?" Mel asks. I nod.

When I get to school, I don't see Ian anywhere. When second period rolls around, I start to get worried. I decide to skip the rest of the period and text Ian to see why he isn't here. When I ask to go to the bathroom, I catch a skeptical glare from my teacher, Mr. Haecker. But he lets me go, and I rush to the bathroom.

When I get close, I hear whimpers from the boys' bathroom. I decide to go investigate. What I see terrifies me. It's Ian, but he's on the floor. His whole body is shaking so much, it looks like he's having a seizure. "Ian!" I cry. I drop to my knees and try to shake him out of it. I shout his name over and over again, and finally, he stops shaking. I take him in my arms. When his eyes open, they're full of fear. We stay there for a bit, just laying on the bathroom floor.

Finally, I ask, "Ian, what happened?"

What he told me changed my whole perspective.