Part VII: Red

On the elevator ride up, Red caught himself staring at the white haired woman again. She looked so strikingly like Sabrina, same exact eyes, pale skin, bleach white hair - he figured that they had to be related. But unlike Sabrina, this woman seemed cold and serious. She definitely didn't sage.

Ami caught Red's eyes looking at her again, and he gave an awkward smile.

"Sorry," Red laughed, "It really is weird how much you look like her. Are ya sure you don't have a sister or something'?"

The girl's eyes had a haunted look for a moment before she finally spoke.

"What's her name? The girl?"

"Sabrina. Kind of an old lady name... but it fits her," he smiled. "What's your name?"

"Ami."

"Another old lady name," he laughed, "Maybe you are related."

The elevator doors chimed as they reached his floor. Red stepped out and held the door open for Ami, dramatically gesturing to the hall with his other hand.

"After you," Red bowed.

Ami shot him a confused look. Red watched amused as she scanned the halls, and peeked around the corners before cautiously stepping out. The woman followed close behind him as they made their way down the hall and he couldn't help but watch her. She was careful and calculated, almost militant as her eyes darted over every door they passed. It was bizarre seeing someone who looked so like Sabrina to act this serious. Maybe they weren't related.

They turned the winding corner to find someone standing in front of his door. It was Cil. She looked frantic and anxious standing there. Something was wrong. But as they approached, her demeanor suddenly changed as she got a good look at the woman standing next to him.

"Well," Cil laughed, looking the woman up and down, "You certainly have a type."

"What are you doing here?"

Cil straightened up, then turned to Red.

"I have another message... I don't feel safe watching it at my place," she whispered to him. Nervously glancing back at the woman next to him. "Wait, were you on the north side? Did you see it happen?"

"Here," Red raised his arm, unlocking his apartment door, "I gotta try and call Sabrina first. I haven't been able to get a hold of her all morning."

"Sure, whatever, call her. But you have to tell me what you saw," Cil plopped down on the couch, "I only saw the news clips, but you know how censored those are... What's her problem?"

Red looked back to see Ami pacing back and forth near the door, muttering something to herself. She suddenly seemed to notice them staring, and stopped.

"You can sit down," Red gestured to the couch. She was making him nervous.

"I'd prefer to stand. Thanks," Ami answered flatly before she started to pace again.

So serious.

Red sat at his desk in the back room. He tried sending a message to Sabrina using the information he swiped from her ID card the other day. His video should have gone directly to her door camera, but there was still no response. With some effort, he was able to get into The Roe's door logs through their network. He pulled up her history and went through it twice. According to the logs, her door had not been opened the past 2 days. Had she not left her place? Or was she out roaming the streets again, saged out of her mind? Thankfully, he hadn't seen her on the north side this morning, but something still seemed off.