Anth

ANTH: Ending

Eight years later

"Aarush, you better concentrate on studies than impressing Pihu." I scowled, making him roll his eyes at me.

"Mumma, why you don't understand? She is just my friend." Aarush attempted to convince me. Whom was he kidding? Hadn't I witnessed his orbs sparkling each time he glanced at her? Hadn't I heard him grumble about how she enjoyed Rohan's company?

"You better don't lie to your mom," Yash muttered as he slowly walked on his legs. I had longed to see him back on his feet. It took him two years, but he managed to get back to his form.

"Dada... but she just sees me as her friend." Aarush pouted confirming my doubt.

"Girls are like that buddy. They take much longer time but once they agree, they are yours for a lifetime." Yash came and stood next to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulder. "And the efforts are worth it." He muttered pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"You people are going to be the reason for my heartbreak because you both had made me believe love exists," Aarush grumbled dragging himself out of the kitchen.

I jerked Yash's hand away. "You should stop supporting his stunts. He isn't at an age to fall in love. He should concentrate on studies, and career, not on girls." I yelled at him making him stare at me in adoration.

"He is your son. Very much loyal to his childhood crush, and followed my determination to never give up. He isn't going to give up on Pihu so easily and he really adores her and I think there is nothing wrong in approving the feeling he holds for her. You know him, he won't ever act inappropriately." Yash's words convinced my heart but still, I wanted Aarush to be far away from Pihu. The distance between them would determine Aarush's distance from his past. The fear hadn't left me even after years of losing Aarush. Yash had requested me to share it with Aarush and brush it off but I never must up the courage.

~~••~~

Aarush had arrived home with messed, thorn shirt and dishevelled hair. His orbs were bloodshot as if he was on the verge of killing someone. "Aarush," I was yelling. Following him upstairs to his room. "Aarush, can't you listen? What's wrong? Aarush..." but before I could reach his door, he had banged the door shut.

"I am talking to you, Aarush," I muttered softly being shocked by his state.

"Mumma, I need some space." He whispered behind the door.

"Is there something up? Did you end up in an argument? Aarush!" I knocked on the door, softly. "Aarush, you can have a conversation with me. I am there to listen..." I muttered sounding defeated. I had never thought a day would come when Aarush would hide things from me. I felt defeated as a mother.

"Mumma, I am fine... just need of some rest..." he was pleading with me. Half heartily I strolled downstairs. My mind kept drifting to Aarush. Waiting for him to walk out of his room. Hours flew by, I was in dilemma whether to disturb him or leave him in his state. The overpowering motherly love wasn't allowing me at peace.

The minute I got a glimpse of Yash, entering the mansion I rushed to him. His glowing face, frowned as he stared at my anxious face. "Yash... Aarush had locked himself in his room. He isn't talking or allowing me to enter inside. I am getting worried. He ended up in some fight, his uniform was torn. But he isn't ready to..." Yash was staring at me with a concerned face.

"He will be fine." He cupped my face, brushing off the emerging tears. "Stop, stressing yourself." He requested me. At that minute his concern was only me. Maybe it took me years to realise but Aarush was correct. Yash loved me more than he loved Aarush. "I will go and see to him. Please calm down..." he muttered before climbing the stairs to reach Aarush.

I wasn't intending to pry. I wasn't sure if Aarush would allow Yash in but at the various incidents, he had shared stuff with Yash that he couldn't with me. At times I was upset with his actions. That he trusted Yash more than me but maybe because Yash could make me understand stuff better than Aarush could. Maybe it was because he was a son and he could relate with his father better than his mother. Or maybe it was because Yash was less strict with him than me.

Minutes passed by neither of them walked out of the room. I was growing anxious yet Yash had asked me not to worry. The matter kept hidden from me was stressing me more. After pacing around the living area for half an hour, I heard the footsteps. My eyes glanced in the direction. A very concerned Yash was descending downstairs.

I rushed to him. My eyes stared at him with hope. I wanted to be answered the question troubling me for the past few hours. "What is it?" I was getting desperate and Yash could sense it. He reached my shoulder, blinking his eyes in assurance.

"He had a fight in the school." He paused for a minute, keenly observing my figure. "With Rohan, it was regarding Pihu." I shook my head. I was aware that his growing interest in the girl was going to turn into trouble.

"Are school authorities against him? Are they planning...." But before I could express my worries Yash interrupted overlooking my question.

"Rohan mentioned him about Rishi." My eyes grew wider my mouth shut in shock. "He is aware of who Rishi is, Aru," Yash whispered, his arms around my waist. Trying to provide me with support. I stared at him in horror. "He wanted to confirm his doubt. I told him the truth..." Yash stared into my orbs. Attempting to find out if I was pleased or upset with his move.

"Does he hate me?" That was the first word that rolled out of my tongue. I was scared, I was afraid that the truth would force him to hate me. He would hate me for hiding the truth from him.

"Mumma, I can't ever hate you." I heard a familiar voice. Yash's grip around me loosen as I turned to glance at the soul. He hadn't changed his torn uniform nor had he washed his face. His dishevelled hair indicated the amount of time he had brushed it with his hand. His figure was dim, the delight in those brown orbs was missing. He slowly strolled towards me. "I just needed space to understand the truth." He offered the justification for hiding in his room.

"I am fortunate to have a mother like you. Dada had narrated the entire event. How you married him for me." He looked between us. "I am happier to have a parent like you both. It doesn't matter whether I am connected with blood or not. None can love me better than Dada and you..." He confessed, making me sigh in relief.

I never had thought that truth would be out in such a manner yet I was glad it was out. I was relieved of the burden of lying. The fear that soon Aarush would know the truth and hate me. "I am the luckiest child to have you both in my life. I love you both the most...." He whispered wrapping his arms around us and pulling us both into a hug.

"We love you too... buddy. We are so glad to have such a mature kid." Yash muttered.

"Yeah but you love Mumma the most," he grumbled making me giggle while Yash rolled his eyes.

"Stop getting jealous of your Mumma..." And soon Yash wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. As he pressed a kiss on my head. 

___

So, finally the end. 

Nothing extraordinary just a story that made me view life in a different manner. Each character teaches me to view life from a different angle and it's always fascinating. 

About Aarush and Pihu's story, I hadn't planned a thing and I won't assure you if it's coming. If I ever planned to write, you all will be informed. But how now, this is the ending. Will be concentrating on the other books.