Chapter Eleven: The Domain

Zelda's POV:

"We've made it..."

Tona looks at us proudly with a cheeky smile.

"Sorry for how bumpy it got there, you both okay?"

Looking over to Link, his face is beet red from ear to ear. Doing his best not to look at me, he slowly removes his other hand off my waist. The pressure from his hands being released, made my body crave for his heat just a little more. Perhaps I wanted that ride to go...just a little bit longer...

He propped himself up from the barrel, and hoisted me up.

"Y-Yes, we're okay, thank you Tona for all of your help," I say to her.

She chuckles and gives a quick thumbs up, "You're welcome! Now go meet our wonderful prince! All grown up!" she says, diving back in the water, waving us off.

I look up to the long intimidating ladder and begin slowly climbing up. Link follows behind me, and when my head picks up as I reach the platform, I marvel at the Zoran architecture and immediately notice the unfamiliar looking statue that wasn't previously here 100 years ago in the center plaza. A statue of the graceful, kind, and most of all brave Zora princess...

Mipha.

My heart aches from the sight of seeing her looking so still and melancholy, when I last saw her she was so full of life and...real. The last I saw of her...she was going to give me some advice on awakening my sealing power.

I wish I could have heard it.

Zora children gather around, marveling at her beauty. There's two Zora soldiers who see us approaching, they appear indifferent looking at me. But as soon as they meet eyes with Link, they both start waving at him.

"Link! Come to finally train with us?"

"I'm actually here on business this time,"

"Ugh, you're always here on business. When are we gonna finally get some training together? Who's your accomplice?"

"O-Oh uh...she's uh..."

Looking over, his face is still beet red, stumbling over his words. Not sure how to introduce me.

Now that we are actually here...there's a knot in my stomach, making me nauseous, mand a heaviness in my chest. My breathing has gone so shallow, and I'm starting to feel dizzy. Staring off and gazing at Mipha's memorial, remembering why we're. The enormous task at hand; having to ask Sidon to pilot—

I'm gonna vomit.

"I-I'm..."

"You alright Miss? You're looking a little pale, well...for a Hylian anyways,"

"I-I'm Z-Zel—"

"PRINCESS ZELDA!?" an elderly Zora shouts from the long flight of stairs behind them, taking notice of Link and I.

"Master Trello!" The two turn around in unison, standing at attention at the elder Zora.

The elder Zora salutes the two soldiers, then continues his path towards me.

"So...your appearance means...you are victorious?" his eyes narrowed towards me, fixing his posture, looking down on me.

"Calamity Ganon...has been defeated...yes,"

He doesn't say anything in response. Continuing to look at me judgingly, then scoffing at me as he turns away, arms behind his back.

"I hope all of this was worth it..."