| Twelve |

Mia wasn't even supposed to work today yet here she is taking that asshole's spot because he didn't feel like working today. It was a slow painful day with no one business and time seemed to be going very slow.

"Guess who has money for a drink." Adam walks up to the stand.

"Did you steal it?" Mia jokes with him.

"No. Doofer got the tape, by the way. So we're back. Well, Dave quit the house and I'm the new president." He catches her up on things so she nods her head. "They asked do I promise to maintain the superior social traditions of K.O.K forsake of all others."

"And your response was what?"

"No, and they're cool with it. I think Dave going off to the whole ship set them straight." He slightly chuckles.

"I'm proud of you." She messes with things to make a drink and then gives it to him.

"I didn't tell you what I wanted." He takes it from her.

"I remember what you got last time. It's a really basic drink." She laughs at him.

"How has your day been? Busy?"

"You're the first person to show up for the past two hours of being here. I wasn't even supposed to be here." She huffs making herself a drink.

"Ditch and quit. Come on, we can go out and eat."

"Go out... and eat." She tilts her head.

"Go out." He smiles at her hoping she agrees.

" He smiles at her hoping she agrees

"As friends?" She cleans up some.

"Not exactly."

"I'll risk it. Plus this job sucks ass." Mia puts up the closed sign and rushes around to join Adam.

The two end up going to a restaurant to eat but Adam said at some point Jimmy was going to join so they could talk about things that happened.

"I haven't said anything but... You're wearing a beanie." Mia stares at it with a smile on her face.

"You really don't like me in a beanie? Why?" Adam asks putting his drink down.

"Fine, you don't like terrible but still. And I guess a plus is it makes your forehead look smaller." She smiles making Adam slap her. "Don't hit me."

"Don't make fun of my forehead."

"Let me fix it." Mia moves closer or him fixing his hair and beanie. "There, now I like you with it on." She smiles eyeing him.

"Do you miss having Adina around?"

"What do you mean miss? She's still right here." Mia pokes Adam in the chest.

"What about at the house?"

"You can still come over and hang out." Mia eyes his lips for a second before looking back at his eyes.