6.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Kelsi jumps at the sound of her alarm. It's not like she wasn't ready for it. She had been awake all night unable to sleep because of the stupid nightmares that plagued her mind. Not only that but what happened that night. She couldn't get her dancing and laughing with Rooster out of her head.

"God you need to get your shit together Kelsi." she groans and pulls herself out of bed. Stumbling into the kitchen, she starts making her first and not last cup of coffee.

 For this mission at Top Gun they wanted them to wake up at ungodly hours. How ungodly you may as, well the latest alarm Kelsi set was for 4:30 am... aka who in the hell gets up this fucking early!?.

She leans against her counter and gets on Instagram. While scrolling through various accounts, she came across Penny's account. She smiles softly at all the pictures that Penny had posted in the past few years. Somehow she scrolled so far down that she found a picture of herself and Penny. She smiles fondly at the photo and scrolls down to the caption which read. 'Happy Birthday to my favorite little aviator!! You've come so far and I love you hon!!! ❤️❤️'. Short and sweet. 

She kept scrolling for what felt like hours but in reality, was only ten minutes.

Checking the clock and sighs and walks to her bathroom. She slowly strips of her clothes and gets into the shower.

***
(A WEE LITTLE TIME SKIP)

After her long process of showering and getting her hair done, Kelsi puts her new uniform on and looks at herself in the mirror.

 She smirks, "Damn girl ok. This uniform shows off all the good curves." 

Giggling at how stupid she sounded she shuts the bathroom lights off. Walking into her living room she grabs her bag when it dawns on her. "Oh shit how am I going to get to the base? Uh well, this is gonna suck." Accepting that she's going to have to tough the five-mile walk to base, Kelsi grabs her phone and leaves her apartment. She sighs and turns to leave and freezes. 

"What are you doing here?"

Rooster nods towards his bike, "Well I came to give you a ride. I noticed you don't have a car."

"Oh... You didn't have to come pick me up I could've walked."

"All the way to base?"

She hesitates, "...Yes?"

"Yeah that's what I thought now c'mon we don't want to be late." He gets back on his bike and watches her walk over to him.

Kelsi gets onto the bike and wraps her arms around his waist tightly.

"You ready?" 

She nods. Smiling softly rooster revs the engine and starts driving to the base.

***

Rooster pulls into the parking lot of the base and turns the motorcycle off.

"Thanks Rooster you kind of saved me today." She takes her arms away from him and dismounts off the bike. She looks down at her watch. "Oh shit we gotta go"

Rooster looks down at her watch from behind her. "Yup ok uh time to run." He grabs her hand and starts running towards the building.

At first Kelsi stumbled at the sudden pull, but she quickly caught herself and started running.

***

"Attention on deck!"

Everybody stood up and saluted the admiral who stood before them.