𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚜𝚒𝚜

Tom stuck his tongue out at his brother while he was shoving a red hoodie onto his body, but his brother just wagged his finger at Tom.

"No no no, Little Tommy, I'm afraid you can't do that. After all, I am your higher ranking fellow student now, which means you-"

Tom's father quickly swooped in and tugged on his older son's ear, making him stop teasing Tom. "Hey, it is true!" protested the sibling after being glared at by his father. Tom just rolled his eyes, because he hated that it was true.

Like he said. Family legacy. Musical Prodigy. Football star. And then his sister was the arts genius.

Sister...

Niki was the only current resident girl of the family, and Tom's older sister.

She was also the only one who might help Tom in Craftmine.

Quickly escaping his brother and father, he looked in the kitchen for her.

Niki was a kind, quiet genius, someone who had no trouble carrying the family legacy. With blonde hair and Tom's eyes, she also resembled their father.

Tom glanced around the kitchen again, after failing to find her.

Aha.

There she stood patiently at the door, tapping her foot.

Tom grinned as she noticed him, and then pretended to tap an invisible watch on her wrist. He walked up to her.

"Wilbur is coming. Dad is just scolding him for teasing me."

Niki wrinkled her nose. "What for this time?" she asked in her soft tone. Tom shrugged. "The usual." Finally his older brother came out to the living room, still grinning slightly. 

Tom rolled his eyes. He knew that this day would be a gold mine for Wilbur, his older brother, who, as a feared and respected high ranker, would have all the means necessary to mess with Tom when he was making first impressions not only at the ceremony but for the rest of the school year.

So he silently thanked god when Niki intervened.

"Tommy. Do you want me to tell everyone that you're under my protection?"

Tom squirmed a bit. "I mean, not everyone..." he mumbled, "...But it would be nice to have some safety, I guess." He smiled at his sister though, to show he was thankful, and she got the message.

Niki wasn't a top ten ranker, but she was in top twenty, which meant that Tom wouldn't be targeted but would still have some form of protection. You didn't mess with Niki, the girl who was friends with all the high rankers and a top twenty herself.

Tom should be safe now.

At least, that's what he thought.