𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝

Tomathy was fourteen years old. He was not ready for the world.

Or maybe the world wasn't ready for him.

It was six o'clock in the morning, and the annoying beeping of his alarm clock was set off immediately. He groaned.

For three years, he had the same alarm clock: an old, beat up excuse of a thing that was apparently "In Tom's family for generations."

It was really just the family joke, something that had been passed on from his oldest brother to his only sister until it reached Tom, the youngest of the family.

Dragging himself out of bed, the fourteen year old squashed the impulse to throw the clock out his bedroom window, and shut it down instead.

See? He could make compromises.

Trudging to the mirror, he ruffled his dirty blonde hair, its fluffiness seeming like a cloud to the world around him, something he was often reminded when his siblings touched it. With a tall, skinny build and dusty blue gray eyes, he resembled his father so much it was scary.

But there wasn't anything special about him.

He was just a kid. Like all the others in the world.

So why the heck was he about to spend his summer day at the opening ceremony for High School in Craftmine?