"Anyways, he can be a mischievous little imp, he won't make up his mind about wild magic, he doesn't understand most normal teenager things, he's too smart, too skilled, he's always leaving me impressed somehow, oh and I hate how cute he gets when he talks about a hyperfixation, when he's interested in something new to him, when he's with his new palisman, or when he's dense, or when he makes his expressive faces..."

She felt her face getting warmer as she sat up.

"I hate how subtly pretty he can be. I hate how his smile makes me feel good, I hate the sparkle in his eyes, I hate how he makes me like his company, and the thing I hate most of all..."

She covered her blushing cheeks.

"Is how his voice isn't that annoying to me anymore."

"Hmm. And why do you think that is?"

She stayed silent.

"Navalia. Do you even hate him at all? Couldn't it be that after dehumanizing him for so long, the realization that he's just a person that you could get along with is just something your having a difficult time to come to terms with?"

Navalias eyes widened and her entire face turned red. Her head started steaming and she began to stammer.

"Nooo! I broke her! It's getting woooorse!!!"

Hooty wriggled out of Navalias room. She fell back into her bed.

"Golden Guard is enemy... Hunter is friend... Golden Guard is Hunter... both are...what? Both are... cute. But what does that even mean?!"

Cthulhu octopus-walked over.

"Hello baby. Mama's having a mental crisis that I'm pretty sure you've been eavesdropping on. You don't have the answer, do you?"

He gurgled for three seconds.

Navalia shot up.

"Attraction?! That's what this is?! Well that's awkward... but it kinda solves it. So yeah, I seriously need to process the fact that Hunter has already begrudgingly accepted this unexpected friendship. After that, I'll just let whatever my feelings are flow."

She took a deep breath and calmed down.

"Hooty actually helped. Weird."

Speaking of Hooty, he started trying to yank himself out of the house, making the whole thing shake whenever he pulled.

Navalia opened her window.

"Hooty!!! It's fine, you don't need to—wah!"

He had begun a rumbling and it made Navalia lose her balance and fall out the window.

A Harpy Eda holding King caught her.

"Mom?!"

"Don't I look so cool?!"

"Yeah ya do! But where's Luz?"

She raced out of the basement with Amity. A chunk of the tower started to fall.

"No!!!" King yelled.