The door exploded and they were thrown backwards. Kaori quickly got up and pushed Soujirou away.

    "Soujirou, hide your brother! They're coming!" she said.

    "Mum, what's happening?" Seijuurou blinked in confusion, approaching the both of them. Soujirou caught his brother's hand.

    "Mum, stay safe!" he called out then turned to his dad. "Dad, follow Mum!"

    "I will. Take care of Seijuurou and yourself." Kaori replied.

    Their father questioned no more and went.

    "Sou-nii, what's happening? Why is Mum crying and where's Dad?" Seijuurou queried, tugging his brother's sleeve when they arrived in the basement.

    Soujirou took a deep breath and turned to his brother. "We're under attack, Sei. You've got to listen to me and stay close, understand?"

    Seijuurou frowned. "What attack?"

    "Ghouls."

    "But Mum is..."

    Soujirou hugged his brother. "You'll be safe. We'll save you."

    "Sou-nii, don't go." Seijuurou whined and clutched his brother's shirt tight.

    "I love you, Sei. I wish I could I protect you till the end." Tears threatened to pour out of Soujirou's eyes. He was shaking in fear, in fear of losing and most importantly, the fear of dying.

    "Soujirou! Seijuurou!" their father suddenly came running towards them. Both of them turned their heads. "RUN!!"

    It went like slow motion for Seijuurou. A gust of wind blocked his father off his feet and his head hit the wall of the narrow pathway of the basement. Something black wrapped around his legs and he screamed out in agony. Soujirou took his hand and they were running. Another black figure, like wizards wearing black robes without faces, without eyes, heads and even a proper set of legs, pulled Soujirou away.

    Seijuurou yelled. He held tight.

    Soujirou kicked his brother away and Seijuurou could hear his painful screams and the sound of blood spurting, the sound of bones cracking and the sound of someone chewing.

    "Sou-nii!!!!" he yelled and one of the black figures approached him slowly.

    Seijuurou forced his legs to move but it just wouldn't. "Mum!! Sou-nii! Dad!" he cried.

    The figure knelt before him. Seijuurou tried to keep quiet. "How come you could see us?" it growled.

    He shut his mouth.

    "This must be the will of a loving brother. I'm sorry young boy. Your brother must die." It continued.

    "G-give Sou-nii back!" Seijuurou managed to speak.

    "I, Hyuuga Yuuya, 1348 till 1373, curse you, the brother of an enemy. Should the time come and you will suffer losing your loved ones. You will be able to see us, to hear us, to talk to us. But you shall cry in pain of this living hell. That, I curse you until the end of your life."

    Suddenly, the world spun and Seijuurou screamed in agony. His body burned, his vision went blurry and everything just hurts. He saw his brother's body, his father was barely breathing on the floor and his mother...? Probably gone by now, not even a single bit of flesh.

    Slowly, though it hurts, he crawled towards his brother. He was crying, so hard, not because it hurts but because his beloved brother was there, lying on the ground, lifeless, not breathing. Soujirou was in the worst state of a corpse. His body was intact but anyone could've known that almost every bone in his body had been broken to pieces.

    "Sou-nii..." he shook his brother's body gently.

    "Wake up..." he croaked. "Don't leave me."

    He couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears fell and he cried, sobbing so hard. "Come back... come... back..."

    "Please..." he begged and the pain threw him on his back. He yelled in apprehension again.

Why does the world so cruel... yet so beautiful? Why do Mum, Dad and Sou-nii exist... yet they left without me?

It hurts.

So much.

To lose the ones you love.

The pain is too much; I could die any moment from now.

****

    "The father is saved. He shall wake up few minutes after this." A voice stirred Seijuurou's conscience.

    "Mum..." he croaked and tried to open his eyes.

    "He's awake!" a female voice said quietly.

    His vision blurred for a second but he adjusted it almost immediately. He saw two men, one that looked like a doctor and the other wearing a police's suit. A few nurses surrounded his bed too.

    "Welcome back to Earth, Akashi-san." The policeman smiled gently.

    He blinked silently.

    "You're currently in a hospital. I hope you remember what happened. Your father is in the next ward and he is safe. It's just that he suffered from critical injuries and in a comma right now. We couldn't save either your mother or brother. I'm sorry for the loss." He added.

    Seijuurou wanted to cry. His brother and his mother... both are dear to him. He held back his tears and nodded.

    "I want to have a moment with him, could you all step out for a while?" the policeman turned to the others and they obliged.

    Now there were only both of them. "You've been cursed." He began and Seijuurou remained stoic.

    "And I shall help you," he flashed the same smile from before. "I am Heiwayuki Takeshi, the founder of the Supernatural Division. I am not capable of removing your curse but I could lift it under a condition. Should my daughter..."

    Seijuurou didn't hear the rest. He fell asleep right after.

'Dear God, please save this child.'- Heiwayuki Takeshi.