"The Dark Lord is coming." Bellatrix smiles, looking Phoenix up and down with her wild eyes.

Peter had to find a way to talk to Phoenix. A way to protect Phoenix from harm.

"Wormtail." Severus says, "Take Draco's guest to the basements. It's best the Dark Lord isn't too surprised by the.. extra recruit."

Peter nods, scurrying towards Phoenix and jabbing his wand into his back, "Just walk."

Phoenix can feel his own wand in his pocket, he could stun the man behind him and disapparate back home. He could go to his Dad and tell him what happened, explain everything from start to finish and beg his Dad for help.

But what if Harry got there first?

Phoenix wasn't sure what Harry would have said and would his Dad believe him over the chosen one? Over James Potters son? Over the boy who had tried to defeat Voldemort on several occasions before? The one who was supposed to end this madness? Phoenix might have killed a man. He wasn't sure if he was capable or not. He wasn't sure if he had meant the words that left his mouth. But either way, Harry had seen it and Phoenix couldn't erase Dumbledores final moments. He could still see the way the light left his eyes.. he would probably never forget.

Once they were half way down the stairs to the basement, Peter removed his wand from Phoenixes back. Phoenix just kept walking until he was inside, Peter didn't say anything for a long moment. The similarities between Phoenix and Sirius had taken a moment to fully hit Peter, he had been so busy thinking of Zion..

"You need to block your mind." Peter says, his voice quiet.

"I don't even know how to do that." Phoenix says.

Peter sighs, running a hand through his long dirty hair, "I..imagine there's a box in your head, bury all the things you don't want him to see. The people you want to protect, weaknesses and so on, then close the box and bury it deep deep deep in your mind." Peter says hurriedly, "It's the only way I could do it."

Phoenix looks at the short round man, raising his eyebrow, "Why are you helping me?"

"Your Father was one of my best friends once." Peter swallows, "I was around for Zion and for you. I wasn't there to save Zion but.. if I can stop anything from happening to you then-"

"It doesn't change anything." Phoenix mutters, "You're still the reason the Potters are dead. You're still the reason my Dad wasn't around."

"I know." Peter whispers, "I know."

Then he leaves, locking the dungeon doors behind him. Leaving Phoenix in complete and total darkness.

Sirius and Remus are sat in the kitchen, sipping their hot drinks. The house was eerily quite, even Bowie was being good, lay on the floor by Sirius' feet.

Sirius sighs, "It just isn't the same since Zion died. I don't think Kate and I will ever-"

Regulus walks in, halting Sirius' conversation as he hands over a letter.

"It's to Zion." He mumbles, opening the fridge and grabbing the orange juice.

Sirius hesitates before opening it, he recognises Marlie's hand writing on the tear stained parchment. Marlie who never writes, had been writing weekly to her deceased brother. The letters weren't even sad, most of the time they were just generic life updates, things she wishes she could tell him in person and Sirius would read them. He didn't intend to violate her privacy but he wanted to make sure she was eating and that her heart was okay- because the only person she ever confided in about anything.. was her oldest brother.