𝟬𝟯

→ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦; 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.

Ivy stood in the slightly crowded airport in Hartford with endless bags filled with Connecticut souvenirs. Her arms hurt and Lorelai was scanning every individual that passed like a crazy person in hopes they'd somehow morph into Rory.

"Don't you think you went too hard in the gift shop?" Ivy asked and Lorelai didn't respond she just shook her head. "No? Okay." She sucked her teeth and nodded her head.

"Hey, Gilmore!" Lorelai shouted with the proudest grin on her face. Ivy's head snapped to where Lorelai was looking and saw her sister standing there with her bags before she began jogging towards them.

Lorelai and Rory collided first, bags falling to the ground which ended up making them trip and topple over onto the ground.

"Maybe don't kill my twin before I get the chance to hug her," Ivy told her mom playfully.

Rory pushed the hair away from her face and held her arms out. "I'm waiting," She said and Ivy dropped her bags before falling onto the floor and smashing her sister into a tight hug.

Lorelai was giggling, "Thankfully there are video cameras everywhere that caught that very graceful moment on tape." She said, looking around.

"I'm so glad to see you guys," Rory gushed, her arm still around Ivy's neck as she cradled her into a hug.

"No, I'm so glad to see you," Lorelai replied, fixing the toppled-over bags around them.

Rory finally released her sister from the hug and pushed the dark hair that stuck to Ivy's eyelashes. "I'm never leaving home again."

"Oh, that's my emotionally stunted girl!" Lorelai patted Rory's knee. "Hey, I got you gifts."

"What? I'm the one who left town I'm supposed to get you gifts," Rory replied before digging into the blue paper bags.

Lorelai shrugged. "Well we got here early and there was nothing to do except feed gummi bears to the bomb-sniffing dogs. Which apparently the United States government frowns upon." She threw her hands up in feigned confusion.

Rory tilted her head. "You got in trouble with the government while you were waiting for me?"

"They were this close to having her in cuffs," Ivy stacked her forefinger above her thumb with barely any space between them.

"Oh, my," Rory sighed before digging into the bags only to see a plethora of Hartford Connecticut merch filling to the brim.

Ivy got to her feet and wiped her hands on her jeans. "All right let's go get your bags and hit the road," She said as she grabbed Rory's hands and helped her to her feet. She then moved to help her mom. "I've never seen so many people give us dirty looks all at once."