He continued, "That Concubine Li had shined out in the sun for a couple hours waiting for Ling Xiao to get up. If it were other people going through what she had, they would hate Ling Xiao to death."

凌萧说着,无奈的摇了摇头:"可那丽妃傻乎乎的,面上竟然一点愤怒都没有,皇上,您宫里竟然有这么蠢得妃子,真是蠢得可爱。"

While he spoke, he helplessly shook his head, "But that Concubine Li is so muddle-headed, she actually wasn't angry at all. Your Majesty, to think you have such a stupid concubine in your palace, she's really stupid to the point of being cute."

皇帝暗暗握紧了手掌,满腔的怒火压抑在心头,就等着一个宣泄口。

The Emperor tightly gripped his fist, rage filling his heart, waiting for his next words.

他冷哼了一声,状似无意般说道:"看来,你很喜欢这丽妃啊。"

He coldly snorted, saying in an accusing manner, "It looks like, you quite like this Concubine Li."

凌萧点头:"这宫里头,能保持赤子之心的人太少了,丽妃虽然蠢笨,但她心性纯良,凌萧确实很欣赏。"

Ling Xiao nodded, "In this palace, the number of people that can stay so innocent and pure are far too few. Although Concubine Li is stupid, her nature is very pure, Ling Xiao quite appreciate it."

凌萧说着,脑中闪过丽妃离开时的苍白的面色,他收敛了笑意,面上带了丝担忧的道:"可是,她走时中了暑,也不知现在如何了,太医有没有去看。"

While he spoke, Concubine Li's pale face flashed through his mind and his smile disappeared, worry replacing it, "But she was having heatstroke. I don't know how she is now, if the physician checked on her yet."

已经提及此,凌萧便顺势请命道:"虽然现在天色已晚,可凌萧着实担心丽妃,皇上,恳请您同意我现在去探望她。"

Since he already mentioned him, Ling Xiao took the chance to ask, "Although it's kind of late now, Ling Xiao is truly worried about Concubine Li. Your Majesty, I would like permission to visit her."

"放肆!"这话就宛如一道火苗,彻底点燃了皇帝心中的怒火。

"Impudent!" Those words were like flames that thoroughly ignited the rage in the Emperor's heart.

皇帝一声怒喝,手掌发劲,竟是将面前的桌子震了个粉碎。

With a sound of rage, his palm exerted some power and actually caused the table in front of them to shake and shatter.

他目光冰冷,眼眶周围带着怒红,恶狠狠的盯着凌萧,宛如贪狼,仿佛下一秒便会上前,将凌萧咬得粉碎碎骨。

His gaze was ice cold while red surrounded his eyes, staring fiercely at Ling Xiao like a wolf, as if he wanted to go forward and bite Ling Xiao into pieces.

凌萧被震的一骇,多日来,皇帝对自己的恩宠,让他快要忘记了皇帝发怒的样子。

Ling Xiao was startled by the sudden action, with how doting the Emperor had been to him lately, he had almost forgotten the Emperor's angry appearance.

此时,皇帝这般毫无预警的生气,不仅将凌萧吓得不知反应,心中更是觉得莫名其妙,不可思议。

At this moment, for the Emperor to suddenly become angry, not only did it scare Ling Xiao to the point he couldn't react, what he felt even more was confusion and disbelief.