Ch-67

As expected, once Ling Xiao looked over, half of a horsetail whisk could be seen by the door.

Ling Xiao got up and walked out.

"King Consort." The moment he walked to the entrance, Steward Li knelt down and saluted to him.

Ling Xiao gave him a glance and said, "Stand up. What is it that you need from me?"

Xiao Lizi smiled flatteringly, "His Majesty was thinking of you this morning at the court and wanted this servant to come serve you. He also wanted this servant to bring some breakfast for you."

After he spoke, Xiao Lizi waved his hand behind him. Not long after, two rows of eunuchs walked in, each holding an exquisite tray. They saluted to Ling Xiao then respectfully placed the trays inside Ling Xiao's palace.

Ling Xiao observed them and then walked over to take a closer look. A table full of delicacies was spread out before him.

"This..." Ling Xiao frowned.

Xiao Lizi hurried forward to explain, "King Consort, these were all specifically ordered by the Emperor for us servants to prepare for you. He was worried about you."

Xiao Lizi glanced at the table after he spoke and fawningly continued, "King Consort, take a closer look. The Emperor himself has never requested these dishes, yet told us servants to make them especially for you. The Emperor really has your best interest in his heart."

While Xiao Lizi spoke, his face was full of smugness, as if the one being loved was him and not Ling Xiao. This caused the latter to give him a long disapproving look. Quickly vanishing the proud expression from his face, Xiao Lizi softly cleared his throat before approaching Ling Xiao once more, "King Consort, aside from the food, the Emperor also ordered this servant to deliver you this."

Ling Xiao moved his gaze to the key resting in Xiao Lizi's spread out palms.

When Xiao Lizi didn't hear a reply, he promptly explained, "This is the key to the imperial palace's warehouse. Until now, it had been safekept by Concubine Xian, but the Emperor ordered this servant to bring it before you today. When the Emperor did so, he said that if there is anything you want in the warehouse, it is yours for the taking. You need not ask for the Emperor's permission."  

Finishing his explanation, Xiao Lizi handed the warehouse key to Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao raised an eyebrow in surprise. Was the Emperor's imperial kindness always this broad and powerful?

Did he really give the key to him just like that?

He could take whatever he wanted out of there?

Ling Xiao's eyes turned in its sockets, then he raised the key and smiled.

Since the Emperor is so generous, why should he not accept?

Just wait for him to clean out the warehouse! And then let's see what the Emperor would use to show off his generosity! 

With an attitude clearly saying 'hate the rich', Ling Xiao resentfully thought on how he is going to take everything out of the warehouse. After he ate his meal, he immediately head over, to execute his plan. 

He only found out how naive he was, when he got there.

Anything you could think of, filled five rooms completely. He could only keep dreaming about taking all the valuable items out of the warehouse by himself.

Ling Xiao looked all over the place until he noticed a block of bright warm jade on a table in one of the rooms. With an exquisite color and a luster glossy, even an amateur like Ling Xiao could tell that the value of this warm jade was high.