"You've been ignoring my calls all week! You even canceled class to avoid this conversation." The sound of her voice started to raise as her feet moved her body closer to him.

"See that's some childish shit you thinking I would cancel class to avoid you."

"You calling me childish isn't taking away from the fact that you're selfish and inconsiderate!" Her nostrils flared, offended that he'd pulled that card on her. "When you learn how to communicate better you know where to find me." Gianna's face was screwed up as she grabbed her bag off of the table and headed for the door. Miles started to call after her but then decided against it and let her walk away.

Just as she was walking out of the door, she bumped into a body. "Sorry." She said, looking up to see the head of the art department.

Gianna didn't give him a second glance before she continued towards the exit door. Jerome walked into the room to see Miles standing by his desk, running his hand over his beard as he appeared to be in deep thought. "Your student barging out of here upset? The Miles I know must be back."

_____________________

Gianna's mood was ruined for the whole day. She usually wore her smile accompanied by a happy and positive attitude. Even when something off setting happened, she never let it affect her too much.

But Miles had rubbed her the wrong way and she couldn't stop thinking about him. He was deflecting the heat onto her while also being dismissive and rude when he had no reason to be. If anything, she should've been the one acting that way towards him because she was the one who was lied to.

On top of that, she had to come to work and deal with the babies who were on one. Their attention span was shorter than usual today and it was starting to get to her. The ten minute warmup she did with them felt like it went on for an hour with all of the constant redirection she was doing.

Almost ten minutes passed by as she sat by the speaker, taking a break and tuning out the loudness of the little girls. She was supposed to be changing the music to their performance song, but instead, she was sitting on the stool with her head in her hands, rubbing her temples trying to ease the headache she felt coming on.

The door of the room opened and in walked her boss, Kimberly, with one of the newbies behind her. Gianna sat up a bit with her phone in hand, ready to use the excuse she had previously come up with.

"Gianna, come with me. Sadie has the kids." Kim waved her over as she stood by the doorframe. Gianna didn't hesitate to follow her out of the children infested room and into the hallway. "I have a surprise for you." Kim looked back at her with a grin as the smile lines on her face creased.

Gianna narrowed her eyes while looking at her, still following Kim's footsteps. "What is it?"

"Rather a who." They took a sharp turn and walked into a vacant studio that was usually occupied by the adult dancers. Gianna walked into the room and immediately recognized his face.

His thick locs were now past his shoulders and the roots were frizzy but it fit his look. His beige skin contrasted well against his dark brown mustache, eyebrows, and locs. Since he wore a plain white t-shirt, his unique tattoos that were spread across his arms and hands were on display.

A small smile appeared on Gianna's face as she lightly laughed. "Hi Leo."

"We strangers now, Gigi?" Leo walked closer to her and his aunt. He noticed how her energy was different from what he remembered it to be.