Chapter 40 "Kyojuro's last meal"

Shuiro and Tanjiro were hiding in butterfly house for a while Haganezuka and Mirabel were looking for them.

"You guys look tired..What did you guys do?" asked Aoi.

"Well..We runned till midnight till the sunrise.."
"Again?"
"Yup..Again.."

Aoi sighed and then gave you and Tanjiro more rice. Shuiro then looked outside and wondered:

What is Mirabel doing over here?..She shouldn't..have..But..She walked or traveled all the way here..Just to be with me...I still wonder what the heck happend to my door? I hope Haganezuka has calmed down a little..He would..kill me for sure..

"Tanjiro.."
"What is it Shuiro-san?"
"What should I..um..say to Mirabel? She was pretty angry yesterday.."
"You should try to talk with her..Shuiro-san..Don't runaway from her..She did this journey for you.."
"Maybe you are right..But I will wait for a little because angry Mirabel still gives me shivers.."

Tanjiro chuckled and then eated his rice.

"That yellow boy...What a snitch he is.."

After they had eated Tanjiro and Shuiro went to look if it was safe for them to leave. They noticed that Haganezuka was eating Mitarashi dangos. Luckily he didn't notice Shuiro and Tanjiro.

"What a stressfull..days we had..We just returned from Swordsmith Village..First I found out that my door is broken and then my partner is running after me with my former/teacher swordsmith..I just want to relax a bit..already.."

"Look Shuiro-san!"
"What is it?"

People were preparing for something. There were different shops and someone was getting fireworks ready.

"Exuse me? What is going on?"

The girl and old woman who were preparing bento's turned to Shuiro and Tanjiro.

"Oh..Young..ones.."

The old woman stopped and watched Shuiro with curious and kind of shock in her face.

"You..are the one who saved us..From that demon.."

"What demon? I don't remember to meet you.."

"But you are wearing that haori..and..that hair"

"Oh..you must be talking about my cousin..He was a demon slayer too.."

"What do you mean 'was'?" asked a girl.

Shuiro looked at girl and old woman. She was really confused about these two..It seemed like they didn't know about Kyojuro's death and somehow were connected to him.

"Well...my cousin isn't here anymore..he died during a fight with other demon.."

"I see.."

The old woman looked at Shuiro.

"You really do look like him.."

Shuiro chuckled and then smiled to the old lady and her girl.

"Oh..sorry young one..I didn't explain what this festival is about...It's just celebration or rather summer festival..There are food and other activities and some people are coming from Yoshiwara..That kind of stuff.."

Shuiro nodded and was ready to continue with Tanjiro but the old woman stopped her.

"Here..Have this.."

Shuiro looked at the bento boxes what old woman gave to her. Tanjiro looked at the bento box and then said:

"Hey! Those are the same bento boxes that Kyojuro eated in the Mugem train! So that means.."