Chapter 8

Children born of fairy stock

Never need for shirt or frock,

Never want for food or fire,

Always get their heart's desire: Jingle pockets full of gold, Marry when they're seven years old.

Every fairy child may keepTwo strong ponies and ten sheep; All have houses, each his own,

Built of brick or granite stone;They live on cherries, they run wild—I'd love to be a Fairy's child.

-Robert Graves

"I'd Love to Be a Fairy's Child"

Mission 4 : The Decisive Battle

Today is the day of Eden Academy Admissions Interview

I could see there's so many applicants, considering the reputation of Eden Academy, it's really reasonable cause this school is the top educational facility of noble in the nation after all. And those applicants, each of them is fighting for my slot.

"How are you, Anya? Is the crowd affecting you?"

Loid knew I was not good dealing with crowd, but I am sure this time I am fine with it. Even though I struggle with those voices, but I can handle it very well this time.

"I am okay, Papa."

It seems I used to call Loid as 'Papa' at this moment, for me it's uncomfortable and terrifying idea. It's kinda horrible how easy I forget the fact that he was a completely stranger in previous month. Yet, today I address him as my parent, as my papa. Imagining that people thought I come from his sperm and grow to be this beautiful lady. Ugh...it makes me sick.

"You seem troubled, my little peach. What do you think right now?"

Not that 'peach' nickname again, Loid was obsessed to give me a cute pet name recently. He considered so many disgusting options, and ended with the most cringe one.

"I don't think anything specific, I just hate your face, Papa. And that name you give me is disturbing."

"It is? I think it's suit your hair color, and you give me the vibe of peach."

"You mean I look like an ***? "

"That's vulgar! Where do you learn that atrocious word?!"

"That's common knowledge my dear papa, but you should imagine what peach looks like, it has pretty pinky color resembles to bare ass of a newborn baby, it has a symmetrical shape that representing it's identical similarity. It's 🍑"

I tried to visualize that imagination about peach in my mind to Loid, however he showed a very uncomfortable face to me.

I replied his expression with a narrative, "Don't you think it's look familiar? I just can't unsee that, Papa. So stop calling me little peach because I can only imagine you compare me with baby's pinky ass."

"You seriously give me a headache."

Loid massage his forehead. Literally inquiring himself about this decision to let me joining today's interview. Seems like I would destroy everything.

Tho it doesn't sound too vulgar for me, nevertheless neither I plan to continue nor debate about this topict just to increase Loid's discomfort. I choose to change our subject directly.

"Mama, can we go now?"

Yor always be my escape route when Loid saw me with annoyed stare. Usually, Yor will take my side and cut this debate into end. However,she seems odd since today, she looks very nervous and uneasy.