Chapter 10💕

Athena's pov

I was currently getting ready to go to school but today I felt really confident so I am putting extra time into my outfit.

I had music playing while I curled my hair. I was wearing a hoodie because it was really cold today and some black jeans that hugged my butt really well.

I even threw on some winged liner and lip gloss today and I added some mascara making my long lashes pop even more. I feel really pretty right now.

I got a FaceTime from Kahli so I answered it. I have never FaceTimed someone so I tried not to be awkward while answering it.

His face popped up on the screen and he looked like he was laying down. I turned to the screen and smiled. "Good morning." He groaned something in return but I couldn't make it out.

He looked tired so I tried to stay quiet. I glanced down at him to see him watching me curl my hair. "You look good. Where are you going?" His morning voice startled me.

It was so deep and raspy but yet so attractive. I shook my head and finally answered. "I uh, just school and work." He hummed and I heard rumbling on the other side of the phone.

I was confused about why he called me if he was still somewhat asleep. "Kahli, not that I mind but why did you call me? Just go back to sleep." I tried to bargain with him but he just stayed quiet.

It was quiet for a few more seconds before answering. "I couldn't sleep. And I just needed to be on the phone with someone it's not a big deal." After he said I just stayed quiet while finishing my hair.

A small piece of me wanted him to call me just to talk to me or just to have my company but I guess not. And that kind of made my happy mood falter.

I heard him groan while rubbing his eyes. "Athena." I didn't answer and just continued to do my hair. "Athena." I was on my last strand of hair and so I started humming. "Athena I know you can fucking hear me. Don't make me come over there." I really like this song that I'm humming.

I sprayed my hair with a bit of hairspray to keep to curls in tack and started brushing my teeth. "Athena fucking talk to me or at least look at me." I spit out the toothpaste and wiped my mouth.

I grabbed my phone and kept it below me so that he couldn't see my face. I heard him sigh and I heard some rumbling noises. "Athena you have two seconds to just look at me." I didn't like his tone so I hung up.

I felt bad so I texted him with. 'Sorry, the phone must have cut out.' And walked out of my room. My dad left early this morning for work so it was just me and Amirah at the house.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a water bottle and Amirah walked in. She was wearing denim baggy pants with an oversized hoodie that said 'gamble with life' on it.

She kissed my cheek while walking past me. "Good morning!" She chirped while grabbing cereal. I smiled at her while she poured out some cereal into a bowl.

"Good-" I was cut off by a knock on the door. I groaned as I walked to the door.

I slowly opened the door and froze. Kahli was standing on my porch with a black hoodie and grey sweats. His eyes looked heavy and tired, and his breathing was a bit slow.