Chapter 1: Pilot

Começar do início

'And I thought the Chateau looked bad' JJ says as we pull up to the motel. Agatha had really done a number on this place
'This place is a shitshow' I say
'Motel or meth lab?'
'You be the judge' Kie and Pope say 
'Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays' John B says

'No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed' I reply and Pope nods 'Alright here we go' we start to pull up to the grass and JJ begins to talk in a captain voice. ' This is your captain speaking.HMS Pogue comin' in for landing' he says before jumping off the boat and tying us down. 'We good?' I ask JJ who nods and I pull my hair back into a ponytail moving my tshirt up, exposing my bare belly. I then walk over to the edge of the boat and JJ bows towards me. 'Skylar Cameron, Queen of the Pouges, allow me' he says in the poshest British accent he could do holding out his hand for me to take. 'Why thank you Duke JJ Maybank' I say with my own posh voice, putting my hand in his and I jump down from the boat. We both bow and curtsy to each other before erupting in a fit of laughter. 'Hey' Pope says catching our attention. 'Don't let them do anything stupid' he tells John B looking in our direction. I pretend to look offended. 'Oh, we will don't worry' JJ says. 'I'm not making promises' John B says and then Kie walks up to him "Uh, be careful. I mean it" I turn to JJ and we share a smirk. This hadn't been the first time Kie had expressed some form of worry or interest in John B.

'Just be so careful John B' JJ teases John B as we walk up the stairs to the hotel rooms.
'What was that about?' I ask him.
'I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful' John B shrugs like its nothing
'Since she heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been, like, "Oh! Be so careful, John B." JJ continues causing me to laugh at his words
'Oh, give me that John D already. When are you gonna swoop on that, man?' I roll my eyes at JJ. I honestly think sex is the only thing on his mind 98% of the time.
'Bro, you know the rule. No Pogue-on-Pogue macking, besides you're the one always hitting on her' John b responds to JJ. 
'Of course I'm hitting on her. She's a super-hot, rich, hippie chick slumming with us. Why? I can't figure it out either, but who cares, bro?' JJ responds and I don't why but JJ's words make feel a tad uncomfortable so I start to pick up my pace, putting me a little bit ahead of the boys.

'Aw don't be jealous princess ' I hear JJ say and the next thing I know his arms have come round my waist and he kisses my cheek. I roll my eyes, this was typical of JJ, he does this to every girl he meets and they put up with it, well every girl that isn't me and Kiara. 'Asshole.....I'm not jealous' I tell JJ who now had his arm around my shoulder as we walked. To be honest I wasn't jealous, if I was jealous then that means I've got a crush on JJ and I don't, he's my best friend that I've known since I was a kid. We reach the door and I jiggle the hand but it doesn't budge. 'Is that us, Twenty nine' John B asks and I nod. JJ then knocks on the door. 'Housekeeping' he calls in a high pitched voice that I assume was an impression of a maid. 'That was terrible' I say. 'I'd like to see you do better' JJ says as John B unlocks the door.

We walk inside and the place is pretty much empty except for a bag on the bed and papers sitting on a bedside table. 'Check the bag. See if there's a name on there somewhere' I tell the boys.

'A jacket'

'Denim slides' JJ and John B report and I take the jacket from JJ

'Theres no name on the jacket' I say
'It's a nice jacket, though' JJ says before putting it back on the bed.
'Definitely over 50. He's got New Balances' John B says with the shoes in his hands while JJ and I walk over to the bedside table where we find a map. 
'Maybe this is where they were fishing' I ask as the boys look over my shoulder 
'No, that's off the continental shelf' John b says
'That's Big Swell. Nobody fishes there' JJ points out. I sigh and then JJ and I begin to scope out the rest of the room.
'Standard. Tissues for when you get lonely' JJ says pointing to the tissue box.
'Your so stupid JJ' I laugh
'You love that I'm stupid though, that's why you haven't left us yet'
'No, the only reason I haven't left yet is because I like john b, if it was just you I would've left by now' I jokingly tell JJ who puts his hand over his heart and falls back on the bed.
'You have no idea how much the broke my heart princess, I don't think I can move' JJ groans and I laugh but John B interrupts us.
'Uh can you guys stop flirting cause your gonna want to see this' John B says and we walk over to the safe he was looking into.
'Holy shit' I say
The safe was filled to brim with money but the real shock was seeing a gun in the front and of course JJ grabbed the gun first.
'This is a SIG Sauer' he tells us excitedly
'Put the gun back, JJ!' I tell him, nervous that the gun might be loaded.
'This is a fucking spendy gatt, man.Just... Bam! Bam!' JJ continues to play around with the gun.
'Shut up' John b says
'Just take a pic of me. Right here' JJ poses
'You want me to take a picture of you?' John b asks, looking at him like he's crazy
'Yeah, dude, like...'
'Make our own incriminating evidence?Is that what you're talking about?' John b points out. They continue to argue with each other until I hear a noise come from the window.
'Wait, what was that?' I ask and I walk over to the window
'What?' the boys ask and they follow behind me. I open the blinds to see Pope and Kie motioning to the front door mouthing COPS
'Shit' I say
'What is it?' the boys ask but the cops answer for them from behind the door.
'Kildare County Sheriff's Department!'
'Oh shit shit shit shit' JJ whispers as John b and I run around the room looking for a place to hide. Then John b motions to JJ and I as he lifts up the window. JJ quickly follows him but I run over to the safe and grab a stack of the cash from the safe. We came all this way and the guys not going to miss it. 'SKY!' I hear JJ angrily whisper from the window and I turn to see the door handle beginning to turn. I quickly run over the window and JJ quickly grabs my arm before pulling me to the right side of the window where he was standing. I barely understood what happened so I tried to look down but JJ immediately wrapped his arms around my body. 'Don't look down just try and stay quiet' I hear JJ whisper into my ear. I then realise just how close JJ and I actually are. One arm was around my waist and he had angled my body into his, like a hug. I start to feel my stomach squirm with the newfound nerves that were starting to pile up from the positioning. Once again I'm confused by this sudden butterfly feeling that had occurred when JJ and I come in contact, it never happened before now.